Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WEDNESDAY ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & SEVENTY-EIGHT



Video above by Mary. " Be the best of whatever you are."


Good Morning.
.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it.".
.
.
I am making a change in the way I give you the weather report from AOL. This link above will give you a better idea of what is going on here. Just click on the link above and thank AOL. And you can also get your own local weather wherever you are by typing in your zip code or city Try it out. DAD .
.
BrushStrokes You will always enjoy what you get when you click on this. DAD.
.
HOW TO STAY YOUNG

.
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.. Never let the brain idle.. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge..

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

.

I am in need of my Starbucks Coffee coffee before I go any further, and I hope that some of you will be here with me. It smells so good and I know that it will help us get off to another good start.

.

I am on my way to see my friends this morning. Mary and I enjoyed looking over Sara's blog yesterday afternoon. The pictures are beautiful Sara. And you are doing a wonderful job training these Shelties. Here is where I like to go early in the mornings Sara's Dog Training . DAD.

.

BURNED BISCUITS

When I was a little boy, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs, sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad.

I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuit, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember watching him smear butter and jelly on that biscuit and eat every bite!

When I got up from the table that evening, I remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he said: "Baby, I love burned biscuits."
Later that night, I went to tell Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your Momma put in a hard day today and she's real tired. And besides - a little burnt biscuit never hurt anyone!"
You know, life is full of imperfect things.....and imperfect people. I'm not the best housekeeper, cook or the best anything.

What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each other's faults - and choosing to celebrate each other's differences - is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship. `

I like that above very much, sent by Sue.

.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2

.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3

.
Dad's Smile Album .

.

I am going to stop right here. We are supposed to have a sunny day, and if so I am going to enjoy it to the fullest. We have had rain and then some more rain..

I hope that we all can be content with our lot today, smile all you can and be kind and things will work out alright. And as I said up in the Video, be the best that you can. I was listing to it just now I felt like I was a little scrub by the side of the road.

.

BYE BYE DAD.

(Look right over to your right and you will see Dad's Rose Album & Princess is in it. ) ..

.

© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

.

10 comments:

Sara said...

I love your 10 steps to stay young. Good advice to live by.

Hope you & Mary have a great day.

Linda said...

Good Morning Dad, I am enjoying my coffee this morning! I love the steps to stay young. I need to start paying more attention to some of them! We leave on our annual trip to Talladega tomorrow. I will wave as we go past your exit! Linda

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Lots of wisdom in your entry today! I love the burned biscuit story and will be passing that one on. Some need to hear it.
I just took a moment to refresh my memory on Mark 13 and it too is filled with words of wisdom for us all. Keep smiling !

madcobug said...

Good entry today Dad. I liked the Be the Best of Whatever you are. The burned biscuits made me think of an incident when I was a young girl. Have a blessed day along with Mary. Helen

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD..

What a great blog today! I am going to print out those 10 Step to Stay Young and read it everyday. I am also going to print out your story of the Burnt Biscuits for my friends to read. I am lucky to have a husband who will eat anything I make, sometimes even out of the trash where I've thrown it when it didn't meet my expectations. Even my mother loved to cook for Len because he wasn't fussy and ate whatever she offered him.

Len is with the PT now, learning how to get into the tub for future showers. He already went for a long walk with her even though the ground is wet and covered with wet leaves. He is doing great and we both had a good night sleep.

I wish it were sunny here but there is plenty to keep me busy inside. And I will try to do it cheerfuly and with a smile. Have a great sunny day in TN. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I don't know what I like best on today's post, your wonderful video and Thought For The Day, BURNED BISCUITS, or those ten tips to stay young. Of course, my very favorite every day is stopping by the Rose Garden to see the beautiful flowers and the prettiest of all, the Princess beauty.

You aren't a shrub, Dad -- you're the pine on the mountain! ;) Love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Sayit-baldys said...

DAD,
THAT WAS GREAT OF THE BURNED BISCUITS.

MY DAD WAS ONE OF THE OLD GERMANS THAT WANTED THINGS HIS WAY.
HE LAID OUT WORK INSTRUCTIONS FOR WE BOYS AND ENOUGH THAT WE NEVER CAUGHT UP.

MOTHER WAS A PETITE RED HAIRED LADY THAT HAD A MIND OF HER OWN THOUGH DID NOT INTERFERE WITH THE WORK INSTRUCTIONS FOR WE BOYS.

ONE MEMORABLE INSTANCE MOTHER HAD TOLD DAD THAT ALL THE COOKING STOVE WOOD WAS USED UP AND SHE WAS GETTING TIRED OF DRAGGING UP DEAD WOOD AND BREAKING IT TO STOVE SIZE OVER HER KNEE.

THAT WAS HIS 'QUE' TO INSTRUCT WE BOYS TO SPEND A COUPLE DAYS PREPARING STOVE WOOD.

NEXT DAY WE SAT DOWN TO THE SUPPER TABLE RIGHT ON TIME AS USUAL AND EXPECTED.
ALL COLD LEFTOVERS. NO HOT FOOD. DAD REALIZED THAT HE HAD BEEN BEAT. WE ATE THE LEFTOVERS AND SMILED IN AGREEMENT WITH MOTHER.

AFTER SUPPER DAD TOLD WE BOYS, WE ARE GOING TO KEEP WOOD SUPPLIED FOR YOUR MOTHER IN ABUNDANCE FROM NOW ON, WHICH WE DID. A HUGE PILE OF CUT AND SPLIT WOOD FROM OAK LOGS WHICH WERE PLENTIFUL FROM TREES IN THE WOODS.
sam

Anonymous said...

Hi DAD and SAM... How much I enjoyed these story of days gone by! Life was harder on the body than but what wonderful lessons were learned. Thanks for sharing some of your life tales. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Your "How to Stay Young" greeted me in an email from my sister this morning. A copy is now on my fridge to be read every morning.
The wonderful messages you share in your blog fill me with joy. I smile and smile. Then, along comes a story like "Burnt Biscuits" and I weep good tears. Such lessons are for all generations. Aloha...Sara's aunt

Carlene Noggle said...

HI DAD,
LOVED THIS ENTRY AND THE STORY OF THE BURNT BISCUITS!!! AND TO SAM...THAT WAS SMART OF YOUR MAMA !!!
LOVE YA,
CALRENE