Thursday, October 29, 2009

THURSDAY"S ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & SEVENTY NINE

You would never guess who this beautiful Llama pictured pictured above belongs to. His name is Bogan and he belongs to Ian & Kelly. I know that you would remember her, she is the one who has all those beautiful chickens. They are the ones that Mary and I visited a few months ago down in N. Ga.
.
I was sorry to hear that Kelly has been real sick, here is a link to her blog http://thechickenchronicles.blogspot.com/ that I hope you can read and let her tell you more. I am sorry Kelly that I did not find out about this sooner. It was my fault, just to busy working on this blog and not watching out for my friends. Dad.
.
Good Morning.
,
"Time is so precious-do not waste it.".
.
http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/tn/knoxville/id/37920. ..
.
I am making a change in the way I give you the weather report from AOL. This link above will give you a better idea of what is going on here. Just click on the link above and thank AOL. And you can also get your own local weather wherever you are by typing in your zip code or city Try it out. DAD .
.
That Dad's Tomato Garden Album is right over on your right.
.
The below is from Sam after he read about the Burned Biscuits.
.
"DAD, THAT WAS GREAT ABOUT THE BURNED
BISCUITS.
.
MY DAD WAS ONE OF THE OLD GERMANS THAT WANTED THINGS HIS WAY.HE LAID OUT WORK INSTRUCTIONS FOR WE BOYS AND ENOUGH THAT WE NEVER CAUGHT UP.MOTHER WAS A PETITE RED HAIRED LADY THAT HAD A MIND OF HER OWN THOUGH DID NOT INTERFERE WITH THE WORK INSTRUCTIONS FOR WE BOYS.ONE MEMORABLE INSTANCE MOTHER HAD TOLD DAD THAT ALL THE COOKING STOVE WOOD WAS USED UP AND SHE WAS GETTING TIRED OF DRAGGING UP DEAD WOOD AND BREAKING IT TO STOVE SIZE OVER HER KNEE.THAT WAS HIS 'QUE' TO INSTRUCT WE BOYS TO SPEND A COUPLE DAYS PREPARING STOVE WOOD.NEXT DAY WE SAT DOWN TO THE SUPPER TABLE RIGHT ON TIME AS USUAL AND EXPECTED.ALL COLD LEFTOVERS. NO HOT FOOD. DAD REALIZED THAT HE HAD BEEN BEAT. WE ATE THE LEFTOVERS AND SMILED IN AGREEMENT WITH MOTHER.AFTER SUPPER DAD TOLD WE BOYS, WE ARE GOING TO KEEP WOOD SUPPLIED FOR YOUR MOTHER IN ABUNDANCE FROM NOW ON, WHICH WE DID. A HUGE PILE OF CUT AND SPLIT WOOD FROM OAK LOGS WHICH WERE PLENTIFUL FROM TREES IN THE WOODS." sam
.
Posted by Sayit . Sam and I do have a lot of memores and we both like to talk about them. DAD
.
I am going to visit Oreo & Misty and say Good Morning to Sara before I have my coffee this morning. Sara's Dog Training Sara I can't begin to tell you how much you and your family have meant to Mary and I, (and family does include Misty and Oreo.) These two Shelties have brought many smiles to us.Please pat them on the head for me this morning and tell them that Dad loves them. Dad,
.
Now maybe we can enjoy our Starbucks Coffee coffee. I hope that you like it strong, I do but I use just a little half & half. Relax now while you are here with me and enjoy your coffee. Don't worry about the day or the future, there is nothing that we can do aboue either one. So why don't we all just take what God sends our way without complaint, Dad.
.
.
This is all for this morning, I have an early appointment with my eye doctor, I think that I need to see him often because I want to be able to write this blog untill the end of my journey.
.
I hope that all goes well with you today. Think about all the good things that have come to you and smile. I will sneak back in the morning if I am spared.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved
.

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Good morning, Dad.

Interesting story from Sam, lol. Sure puts things in perspective, when you should be helping, eh?

I am sorry I have been missing in action, we are preparing for a house move and I'm still managing a heavy work load and just stuff, lol. So, I may not comment but I do think of you and pray God continues to bless you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

Sitting here enjoying my strong coffee inside and the gold and orange and red leaves outside. They are wet from yesterday's rain but bright from the morning sun trying to peek through the clouds. Usually all the leaves are gone by now so it is a treat to see them still. My mother loved to come visit in the fall and see the leaves changing. She always said it looked like a beautiful quilt on display for the world to see.

I had visited Kelly's blog one day last week and was amazed at how sick she was feeling yet still able to think about and care for her beautiful chickens and llamas. I was also amazed at the beauty and variety of her chickens. It is good that she has them and that her love for them keeps her busy and focused on things other than her pain. As you said this morning....we all just need to take what God sends our way without complaint.

Len is not complaining. He said this new hip certainly feels better than that old one which the doctor said was pretty distorted and ugly. He is happy to have sunshine again and I am sure I will not be able to keep him from several long walks today.

Hope all goes well at the eye doctor's this morning. After those drops your eyes will be blurring so leave the driving to Mary. Have a good day. ...Sara's Mom

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad, I will have to pop over and check on Kelly. Her Llama is beautiful. They look so sweet.
That story Sam told was funny.
Hope you get a good report on your eyes. Helen

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I did read Kelly's journal and hope she is doing better now. And I hope that eye doctor keeps you in good shape there for we'd miss it if your journal didn't appear every day.

Sayit-baldys said...

DAD,
YOU ARE A GOOD ONE. THANKS FOR SHOWING MY COMMENT.
DEAR OLD MOTHER. WHEN MY TWO OLDER SISTERS GET TOGETHER WHICH TIMES ARE SPARSE, WE ENJOY TALKING OF OLD TIMES WHEN MOTHER WAS YOUNG. MY SISTERS ARE 94 AND 96 YEARS OLD, THE ELDEST STILL DRIVING AND THE OTHER WALKING.
MOTHER LOVED TO HAVE HER OWN LITTLE GARDEN. AFTER 'CLEAN UP' IN THE KITCHEN IN THE EVENING MOTHER PUT ON HER 'CLODHOPPER' SHOES, TOOK HER GARDEN HOE FROM THE RACK AND MADE HER WAY TO HER OWN LITTLE GARDEN SINGING 'I GO TO MY GARDEN ALONE' AND TENDERLY CARED FOR THE VEGETABLE PLANTS AND HERBS.

THIS WAS IN THE COUNTRY NEAR CHOUTEAU OKLAHOMA, AFTER MOVING FROM A NICE MODERN HOUSE IN TULSA FOLLOWING THE CRASH OF WALL STREET IN OCTOBER 1929.
OUR WATER WELL HAD A PUMP SO WE DID NOT HAVE TO DRAW THE WATER UP WITH A BUCKET.

MOTHER DID NOT MIND WE KIDS WATCHING HER WORK IN HER OWN GARDEN AND WAS PLEASED WHEN I ASKED FOR A KOHLRABI TO EAT AND SHE WOULD PULL A CHOICE ONE AND HAND ME.

MOTHER TOOK IT WITH 'GOOD NATURE' WHEN DARKNESS WAS COMING ON AND DAD LIT A LANTERN AND SENT DOWN TO MOTHER SO SHE COULD SEE BETTER. YES, DEAR OLD MOTHER, GOD'S CHILD.
sam
google blog
sayit-baldys

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Sure hope your eye doctor treated you good and pronounced you healthy and "good for another 10,000 miles" ;) and that you had safe journeys there and homeward.

Sure am sorry to read about Kelly and the chickens -- stopped by and left a message. She sure has been raising some beautiful birds! And of course, llamas too! :)

Enjoyed your friend Sam's story. My folks used to read to me from a book called, THE LITTLE RED HEN, which was kind of similar in the lesson -- that if you don't help out, you won't have a lot to look forward to when it comes time to enjoy! I loved that story and remember it still.

Love to you both from Jamaka and fams