Tuesday, October 27, 2009

TUESDAY'S ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & SEVENTY SEVEN

Good Morning.
..
"Time is so precious-do not waste it."


. **************************************************

Here is something interesting BrushStrokes that I hope you will view today. DAD.

**************************************************
. http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/tn/knoxville/id/37920. .
.
I am making a change in the way I give you the weather report from AOL. This link above will give you a better idea of what is going on here. Just click on the link above and thank AOL. And you can also get your own local weather wherever you are by typing in your zip code or city Try it out. DAD . .
.

Some people MAKE things happen, some people LET things happen and some people WONDER what happened!!
.
Always Remember This: You don't stop laughing because you grow old, You grow old because you stop laughing!!!

.

BANK ACCOUNT
.
This is something we should all remember.A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably combed and shaved perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary.
.
After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his window.I love it,' he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.
.
Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room; just wait.''That doesn't have anything to do with it,' he replied.Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time.
.
Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ... it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it.'
.
It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice;I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.
.
Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away.. Just for this time in my life.Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in.
.
So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories!
.
Thank you for your part in filling my Memory Bank.I am still depositing.
.
Remember the five simple rules to be happy:
.
1. Free your heart from hatred.
.
2. Free your mind from worries.
.
3. Live simply..
.
4. Give more.

5. Expect less.
.
BATS.
.
Did you know that bats help control pests? In fact, some species feast on as many as 1,000 mosquitoes an hour while others dine on thousands of pest beetles and moths a night.Here are some other fascinating facts about bats:
There are more than 1,000 species of bats in the world. All of these bats make up about a quarter of all mammals in existence.
Bats help many plants: Hundreds of plant species rely on the pollinating and seed dispersal services of bats including bananas, avocados and mangos.
Bats are the most diverse group of mammals: The smallest weighs less than a penny and the largest has a wingspan of up to six feet!
Bats are the only mammal that can truly fly.Want to attract bats and other small critters to your yard?

.
Join National Wildlife Federation's nationwide drive to create 150,000 wildlife-friendly yards through our Certified Wildlife Habitat™ program.To get started, just complete the easy online application indicating that you have provided what animals need most — food, water, shelter and places to raise their families. Your $20 application fee allows NWF to continue its important work to safeguard our nation’s wildlife and wild places. Plus, you’ll get great benefits (see right).Get certified now!
Source:
Night Guide — American Bats .
.
I have not had my coffee yet but I am going to stop in any way and get a glimpse of my three
friends Misty, Oreo and of course the one that makes all this possible, Sara . That will make me feel better. Sara's Dog Training I clicked on this and here I am. DAD.
.
I have the Starbucks Coffee ready now and I am ready to do the serving this morning. I feel a lot better this morning and I want to get this day started right. I do enjoy having coffee with my friends and I want to make you feel welcome. Come talk to me about anything that's on your mind, I want to always be" a good listner."
.
The eagles are gone but if you will look to the right of what comes up here you will be able to find out more about them. Dad,
.
http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagle.html.
.
This is getting long again this morning but I do want to mention about my three outdoor Cams. I hope that you all can view them and that you keep watching for improvements.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3

.
I am going to stop right here and let you get ready to get to your work. Be real carefyl today someone may be watching your life, do be a good example in all that you say or do. .

.
BYE BYE DAD.
.
(Look right over to your right and you will see Dad's Rose Album & Princess is in it. ) .

.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved




4 comments:

Dawn said...

You're making me smile! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...I have my second cup of Sumatra next to me as I visit with you this morning. Len is now able to go for walks outdoors and it is nice that the weather is cooperating. Yesterday he did 2 walks fairly easily and today we will try for 3 walks. As a bonus, during our walk we met a new neighbor who moved in on Friday. He is young and excited to have his first house even if it means cleaning up fall leaves. Like you said,
Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. I think Chris will be happy.

I really enjoyed the Memory Bank Account. It certainly can make one's life rich in the way that matters. And you have certainly deposited a lot of happiness in your bank account of memories.

Some of that happiness comes to us each day as you share stories and poems with us and make us SMILE. Have a very happy day. ...Sara's Mom

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm having that 2nd good cup of coffe here and yes, I'm smiling. It's on the top of my list to do today! Have a great Tuesday!

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I love the Five Rules! They are wonderful and very helpful to keep in our minds every day. The link to bat facts is amazing, too -- I love bats! and think they are very cute, besides being extremely helpful to us. Without bats, we would have a very hard time keeping our food crops going. Thanks for sharing this information and I hope other readers (especially kids) will visit this link and learn as I have.

Love to you both, Jamaka and fams