Friday, November 27, 2009

FRIDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & FOUR

HOW TO OBSERVE THANKSGIVING

Count your blessings instead of your troubles.;Count your gains instead of your losses.Count your joys instead of your woes;Count your friends instead of your foes
.Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.Count your full years instead of your lean;Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.Count your health instead of your wealth;Count on God instead of yourself.
~~Author Unknown.~~

Good Morning.

I Ate Too Much Turkey

by Jack Prelutsky

"I ate too much turkey,

I ate too much corn,

I ate too much pudding and pie,

I'm stuffed up with muffins

And way too much to stuffin',

I'm probably going to die.

I piled up my plate

and I ate and I ate,

But I wish I had known when to stop,

For I'm so crammed with yams,sauces, gravies, and jams

That my buttons are starting to pop.

I'm full of tomatoes

And french fried potatoes,

My stomach is swollen and sore,

But there's still some dessert,

So I guess it won't hurt

If I eat just a little bit more."


Thanksgiving Day, 2009
DON'T QUIT
.

DON’T QUIT WHEN THE TIDE IS LOWEST, FOR IT'S JUST ABOUT TO TURN.
DON'T QUIT OVER DOUBTS AND QUESTIONS, FOR THERE'S SOMETHING YOU MAY LEARN.
DON'T QUIT WHEN THE NIGHT IS DARKEST, FOR IT'S JUST A WHILE 'TILL DAWN.
DON’ T QUIT WHEN YOU'VE RUN THE FARTHEREST, FOR THE RACE IS ALMOST WON.
DON'T QUIT WHEN THE HILL IS STEEPEST, FOR YOUR GOAL IS ALMOST NIGH.
DON'T QUIT, FOR YOU'RE NOT A FAILURE, UNTIL YOU FAIL TO TRY.
By Jill Wolf
.
Four generations-JIM, DAD
, Kevin and Zachary

If Mary was in this picture above it would be the future of Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. So you can see that you will be in good hands for many years. DAD

I AM WONDERING ABOUT MISTY AND OREO. I HOPE THAT THEY HAD A NICE THANKSGIVING, I KNOW THAT SARA WOULD HAVE BEEN SURE THAT THEY DID. WE CAN GO TALK TO THEM. YOU ALREADY KNOW THE WAY Sara's Dog Training THANKS TO YOU SARA FOR ALL THE PLEASURE THAT WE GET FROM YOUR BLOG. DAD.

http://www.biggertomato.com/

If you are a Tomato producer you will appreciate this above. I do reccomend this. Please look it over today. DAD.

This will be enough for today. I do have a lot more pictures that I might show later. We did have a wonderfuk day, now we need to settle down for a few days. it won't be long untill something else will be here. And I just now thought today is that big sale day, please dont get hurt in the pushing and shoving of the great crouds. I plan on being back here in the morning. SMILE and be KIND.

BYE BYE DAD.

©. 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

7 comments:

Sara said...

What a beautiful family photo! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a wonderful feast with your loved ones.

madcobug said...

Great family pictures Dad, I am glad that you all had a good time. A lot of smiling going on.
Cute poems. No black Friday shopping for me. Helen

Hollie said...

Great looking bunch! I'm so glad that you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

What a beautiful family you have. It looks like you kept them SMILING and everyone had a nice thanksgiving. This morning you have us smiling with that funny "I Ate Too Much" story. Of course we always have room for pie. My sister-in-law thinks we should do anyway with the turkey dinner and just have pies on thanksgiving. It would certainly be easier on the chef.

It is raining here this morning, looks like it will be a "black, Black Friday". I am staying put, enjoying your blog with a cup of black coffee and one of Sara's delicious hazelnut biscottis. I agree with you...now we need to settle down for a few days. Today will be a good day to read yesterday's newspaper.

Have a relaxing day and enjoy the leftovers.
...Sara's Mom

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good Morning ! We have snow on the ground here today and it's beautiful. What a lovely family you have and I know it must have been great being together with them all. I always enjoy it when my family is together. Have a great Friday!

'On Ya'-ma

Sayit-baldys said...

LETTING THAT PIE SETTLE. sam

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Priceless photos! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you all had a wonderful time and are basking in the glow of it today, relaxing. ;) Very funny poem about that. ;)

No shopping here, except virtually. Went to several favorite sites and bought a calendar to help homeless cats in Malta on CafePress. That's about all the shopping I'm going to do.

Enjoy your long weekend and leftovers! Love from Jamaka and fams