Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WEDNESDAY'S ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & NINETY SIX.

Pictur by Mary of leaves on the ground in The Smoky Mountain Park. They are beautiful up that way. DAD
.
Good Morning.
.
" Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
" Wasted years will come again no more."
.
" Many years of life are wasted living for thyself alone."
.
It is Wednesday morning
Starbucks Coffee time again , and I am ready for it. I am opening a new pound this morning and here is what is on the bag, SUMATRA X BOLD. It is perking now and it smells so good. I am feeling good this morning so I am going to serve, All of you sit down and relax for a few minuets it will do you good. I appreciate all of you that stop in early to see me. It makes my day. SMILE for me if you can. And I think that you will after you taste that Coffee. DAD.
.
This is a great video showing the first assembly lines at the original Ford auto plant.Neat to see those guys making the old wooden wheels, by hand mostly. The places that car could go...is amazing!
Click here:
The Great Model T!
.
The mdel T Ford is the car that I learned to drive, the video brings back a lot of pleasent memories to me. DAD.
***************************************
Good Morning Sara, the video that you told me about is absolutely perfect. It makes me love those two Shelties more. I am looking at a picture of them that sits on my desk as I write. We all admire you and them.
.
Now let's all go to Sara's today at this address, Sara's Dog Training and see what is going on there. I know that we will all come away Smiling, I always do. DAD
.
Why it’s nice to be a dog.
.
No one expects you to take a bath every day.
Your friends never expect you to pay for lunch, dinner, or anything else for that matter.
When it’s raining, you can lie around the house all day and never worry about being fired.
You can wear a fur coat and no one thinks you’re insensitive.
Having big feet is considered an asset.
If you gain weight, it’s someone else’s fault.
No one tells you to wipe your nose because it’s wet.
No matter where you live, you own the place.
Your mate never complains because you whine.
Puppy love can last.

.
The joke below was furnished by Mary.
.
An aged farmer and his wife were leaning against the edge of their pig-pen when the old woman wistfully recalled that the next week would mark their golden wedding anniversary."Let's have a party, Homer," she suggested. "Let's kill a pig."The farmer scratched his grizzled head. " Gee, Ethel," he finally answered, "I don't see why the pig should take the blame for something that happened fifty years ago."




A few days ago I was looking at one of 'Oh Ya'-Ma's blogs and I was impressed by what I saw. So I wrote Ma and ask her if I could show them to you, and of course you know what she would say. I am going to let her tell you in her own words. DAD.

I would consider it a blessing to share my links. My hope is to brighten someones day somewhere along the way.

So often people just need a kind word to make a difference and I do try to do that.

My faith, my family and home are the important things in my life. Keeping in touch with my family was the main reason I started jouraling back on AOL so many years ago now. By sharing my good times and sometimes not so good, maybe I can help someone else too.

You are very inspiring to me each day sharing all those SMILES.

'On Ya'-ma

Here below are the six links to her blogs.

My Holiday Journal

THE NEXT 20 YEARS

WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE ,,This is the main Journal, edited every day. DAD.

Good Morning Sunshine !

BRIGHT SIDE ARCHIVES FROM AOL

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE

I hope that you will make time to look at the links above, lots to cheer you and make you smile. Then tell Ma how much you enjoyed this. DAD

.

http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/tn/knoxville/id/37920.

.
This link above will give you the weather report for the Tennessee Valley , and you can also local get your own weather by typing in your zip code. This reports changes as the day goes on so the report you get is always current. Dad.

Before you go look at this Shooting My Universe you will be glad that you did. DAD
.

Can I come back in the morning, please let me know.

BYE BYE DAD.

.
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.


.You will find links to a lots more over on the side panel . Tennessee Granddaddy is there and I think that you would like it. DAD.

.
.Dad sends Love to all of you where ever you are in this wide world.

5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

GOOD MORNING ! Thank you for your kind words about my journals today. The main one is WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE. That is updated every day. I do feel that if we are blessed we should share our blessings and that's what I've been trying to do this month. I do hope your Wednesday is a great one!

adamaurine said...

Please come back in the morning. I would miss you too much if you didn't.

Anonymous said...

And a good and smiley Wednesday morning to you, DAD. First I smiled at Misty's version of "learning to pray" on Sara's blog...that was so cute and so funny too. Then I came to visit you and you have so so many cute and funny things posted today. Loved Mary's joke, loved the DoG, GoD video, and the great reasons to be a dog. If I see any dogs when I am out and about today I will be sure to stop and pat them and get a big smile or a wag of the tail back from them.

The Sumatra is delicious, nice and bold. Thanks for pouring. I'll sit here now and enjoy it while I go visit Mostly Known as Ma's blogs.

Enjoy your Wednesday, maybe you and Mary can go for a walk in those crunchy fall leaves and feel like a kid again. ...Sara's Mom

Sayit-baldys said...

THANKS FOR THE FORD ASSEMBLY PROGRAM.
THE MODEL-T WAS A BOON TO MANKIND.

IT TOOK GRANDPA A WHILE TO STOP SAYING WHOA - WHOA DAN.
sam

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Beautiful Autumn leaves photo -- thank you for sharing! and I have fond memories of relatives telling me how great Model T's were. :) Today's a busy day and I'm going to go pour a cup of that coffee if you don't mind, before plowing into the work. Wishing you a wonderful day/evening! Love to you both from Jamaka and fams