Wednesday, November 4, 2009

WEDNESDAY"S ENTRY # EIGHTEEN HUNDRED & EIGHTY FOUR.

Good Morning.
.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it."

.

This is Wednesday morning and I hope that all is well with you. I am feeling good this morning But I do need a cup of coffee as soon as possible.
.
I made some promises on my entry # 1883 that I was not able to keep, and I want to say thay I am sorry. The audio worked perfectly in the early part of the day on Cam # 3 I was able to talk to several people loud and clear, and then suddenly every thing went wrong.
.
But help is on the way Pamela and Michael will be here in a few days to get things going right again.
.
.http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/us/tn/knoxville/id/37920...

.
.I am making a change in the way I give you the weather report from AOL. This link above will give you a better idea of what is going on here. Just click on the link above and thank AOL. And you can also get your own current local weather wherever you are by typing in your zip code or city Try it out. DAD .
.
I am going over to
Sara's Dog Training this morning and see is she and those beautiful Shelties are home. I hope that they are, I missed them when they were away. With all my troubles with my cam I need something to cheer me up and they can do it. DAD. .

.
That good strong Starbucks Coffee is ready and waiting on you, you should have smelled it before now. It's my time to serve you.
...
.Good common sense stuff to do to help prevent flu.
.
Dr. Vinay Goyal is an MBBS, DRM, DNB (Intensivist and Thyroid specialist) having clinical experience of over 20 years. He has worked in institutions like Hinduja Hospital, Bombay Hospital, Saifee Hospital, Tata Memorial etc.. Presently, he is heading our Nuclear Medicine Department and Thyroid clinic at Riddhivinayak Cardiac and Critical Centre, Malad (W). The following message given by him, I feel makes a lot of sense and is important for all to know: The only portals of entry are the nostrils and mouth/throat. In a global epidemic of this nature, it's almost impossible to avoidcoming into contact with H1N1 in spite of all precautions. Contact with H1N1 is not so much of a problem as proliferation is.
While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps, not fully highlighted in most official communications, can be practiced(instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu): 1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications.) 2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you want to eat, bathe or slap.) 3. *Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine if you don't trust salt.) *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method. 4. Similar to 3 above, *clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water. * Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (Neti Pot, and very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities), but *blowing the nose hard once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population.* 5. *Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits.) *If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption. 6. *Drink as much of warm liquids (tea, coffee, etc.) as you can. *Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.

.
Here is my thought for today.
.
" Be cherful ! Give the lonsome world a smile; We stay, at longest but a little while. Hasten we must or we shall loose the chance to give the gentle word, the kindly glance. Be sweet and tender; that is doing good;'Tis doing what no other good deed could."

From Verses I Like.

.

.This is all I have for this day. I hope to slip back again in the morning if my life is spared. Cheer up and smile I can see that this is going to be a good day for us. I love you all where ever you are in this world.

.

BYE BYE DAD..
.
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

You will find links lots more over on the sidepanel/




4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm SMILING AND IT'S ONLY WEDNESDAY! The weather here had been pretty nippy but we've been blessed with some sunshine the past couple of days and that makes a difference in my attitude for sure. Hope your day is a great one!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

I think you are right about today being a cheerful day and a good day. It is a bright sunny morning here. Len and I even had eggs for breakfast that were showing their sunny side. My sister bought me a lot of Polish food from our old Polish neighborhood in Philadelphia. So, we had those sunny eggs with Polish Krakowska and Polish Cheese Babka. It was like an Easter Breakfast. We enjoyed it a lot.

Yesterday the doctor removed the staples from Len's hip and he can shower this morning. I think it will feel good to have that warm water running all over him. I am going to have him read that piece on Preventing H1N1. Len has a cough and I think the advice in that article is good to follow even if his cough is not the flu. I know I will be following it.

A few friends are taking me to lunch today to The Whistling Tea Kettle where we will have tea and tea sandwiches. It will be a fun, relaxing and lovely afternoon spent with special people who always make me smile and feel loved.

Have a good day and stay well. ...Sara's Mom

peggy said...

Gee, I want to go to the Whistling Teakettle, too. Sounds like the last commenter is a lucky one.

I see you are waiting for Michael and Pamela for help. I don't know them but they are probably like my computer "turnto" people. We will all be patient. And I remind myself that everybody needs help sometime...even Spiderman!

Stay well, we all enjoy your posts!!

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Hope your geek squad turned up and are setting things to rights with your WebCams! It is very frustrating having computer problems, don't we all know? ;( but mustn't frown, yes? ;)

Dr. Goyal has the best advice. No one needs drugs when common sense will do!

How wonderful and amazing, Dad, to see that you have almost 10,000 visitors from all over the world -- you must be doing something right! ;)

Love to you both from Jamaka and fams (we all love your footer today, btw)