Monday, December 28, 2009

MONDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & THIRTY


` I am sure that you have heard enough about Christmas presents, but I would like to show you this one. Won't that hold a good cup of coffee. This was sent to me by my friend Vicki who lives down in Birmingham. I do appreciate it because I do drink a lot of coffee as all of you know. Thanks Vicki. DAD.

" Time is so precious-do not waste it." .
.
Are you worrying about this being Monday morning, well I am not, I am so glad to see it. I am anixous to get back to work, and my work is talking to you about growing tomatoes. This is going to be a good day if we do our part to make it one. So get yourself relaxed, have a cup of Starbuck with me which is ready and waiting, and start the week with a smile and a spring in your step, and when the day comes to an end you will feel very good about it. Dad.
.
Look over to your right in the side bar and you will see Dad's Tomato Album from last season. Dad

.
Here is a video down below that Sara took on Christmas Eve of the grandsons sledding with Jeff, Sara and Marybeth. Looks like the guys had fun. Glad Sara, who was still sick, stayed back to record it for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNWFl8091V0

http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920.

This link above will give you the weather report for the Tennessee Valley , and you can also get your own local weather by typing in your zip code. This reports changes as the day goes on so the report you get is always current. I always look at our weather first thing in the morning this season of the year it is important to us. Dad.

.

We are sorry to hear that Sara has not been feeling very good, We hope that you are better this Monday morning Sara, but do not rush things, take it slow and easy today if such a thing is possible. I am going to wait untill later this morning to go to your Sara's Dog Training blog. But I will be there, I just can't miss seing ,guess who ? DAD.

Here is a link below from TomatoCasual that was very interesting to me. Look at it if you possible have the time. Dad.

http://www.tomatocasual.com/

Here are five links that I want to say a few words about, Jim's blog, Tennessee Granddaddy , Mandy's blog It Ain't Easy Bein' Green , Karen's blog BrushStrokes Dad's Blog, Dad's Tomato Garden Journal; and Mary's blog Let's Live and Learn Together. These five are all in the same family. It makes me proud to know that others are carrying on And when I am gone they can be helping others to smile and be happy.

And live for others.. And I do have two more great grandchildren. Kara & Zachary that will be old enough to begin to think about it, DAD.

We must never miss these three Shooting My Universe Dad never does and

WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE and

American Profile Magazine

I have not said all that I had planned to this morning but I am going to stop anyway, it is Monday and it's time that you and I need to get busy. We all have lots that we could do, I wonder sometimes why I don't. Just like smiling and being kind and frogiving, I am starting over again today and try to do better. I wan't to come back in the morning if you have time to put up with me. I am sending Love and Good Wishes to my friends everwhere.

BYE BYE DAD

©. 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved



5 comments:

madcobug said...

I hadn't read where Sara has been sick. Well with all that snow I am not surprised. Glad that school has been out so she won't have to worry about being out of work. I pray that she feels better soon. Have a great day along with Mary. Helen

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Here is a Monday morning SMILE from me this morning ! I'm back to work and there is snow on the ground and more coming down here. Have a great Monday!

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

I am ready for a cup of Starbucks and a few SMILES..so here I am. That is one big cup of coffee...I bet you could sip on it all day and not finish all the coffee.. so we'll have to share it.

The sounds of the boys laughing as they come down the bumpy hill on their sleds will make anyone smile...and think of younger days!

It was a nice weekend for us. Sara and Jeff came by for dinner yesterday but they came without Oreo and Misty. Now Oreo is the one who isn't feeling good. I was hoping to see the dogs open up their new stuffed "birds". I wrapped them in tissue so they could tear the package and find the penquin for Oreo and stork for Misty. I do hope Oreo will be doing better today.

Jeff and Len put up the tracks and the Lionel trains and plastic houses, airports, churches, schools, etc. I know they had fun, now I hope the grandsons will enjoy the trains almost as much as the big guys.

Like you, I visit Shooting My Universe everyday. Yesterday's photos are amazing. I never even heard of the word Rime and here I get to view a spectacular example of a Vermont Rime and learn how it is formed. I've been on that road many times and never even noticed the Hogback but you can be sure we'll be stopping there next time we are travelling east on the Molly Stark Trail.

Have a happy day, smile often and I'll try to do the same. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad:

That is a HUGE coffee cup -- do you fill it up each morning? and how do you feel after finishing it? ;)

Really enjoyed the links and yes, those are some gorgeous photos of the lighthouses and the apples in rime.

Hoping your day is a good one and wishing you the happiest of New Years! I love Ms. Mary's blog, and visit it every day. Love from Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad! It is a bit late for coffee, but it's never too late to say hello. I am glad you like your cup! I stopped by to go sledding with Sara on that link...what fun! I love the snow (for a little while anyway). I hope you and Mary are keeping warm, it is downright nippy here; cold in fact.
Take care and maybe I will see you in the morning for that cup of Joe!
I love you,
Vicki in Birmingham