Wednesday, December 23, 2009

WEDNESDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & TWENTY SIX

" Time is so precious-do not waste."
.
( This below was so good that was sent to me yesterday, I just had to show it first, the last few words of the article spoke very loudly to me, Dad,)
.
One day , the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live.

They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family.

On their return from their trip , the father asked his son , "How was the trip?"

"It was great , Dad."

"Did you see how poor people live?" the father asked.

"Oh yeah , " said the son.

"So , tell me , what did you learn from the trip?" asked the father.

The son answered:

"I saw that we have one dog and they had four.

We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.

We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.

Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.

We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.

We have servants who serve us , but they serve others.

We buy our food , but they grow theirs.

We have walls around our property to protect us , they have friends to protect them."

The boy's father was speechless.

Then his son added , "Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are."

Isn't perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have.

Appreciate every single thing you have , especially your friends!

Pass this on to friends and acquaintances and help them refresh their perspective and appreciation.

"Life is too short and friends are too few.."

.
I do have something very special to tell you. Today is Oreo's Birthday. He will be three years old. I am sure that you know him, he is that very talented and sweet Sheltie that belongs to Sara, we see him every day at
Sara's Dog Training blog be sure that you go there today and wish him a happy birthday, he will appreciate it. DAD.

.
I have some good news to report to you this morning. MARY has started a new blog and here is the way to go there...http://letsliveandlearntogether.blogspot.com/ .
.
If you possible can look at this today. Tennessee Granddaddy
.
Well if we can make it through two more days Christmas will be here. I beleive I hear a lot of sigh's and I know that there is one comming from me. I am not going to say very much today or tomorrow, as that was the agrement that we made. But do go to the side panel, it knows a lot more than I do any way. I am going to say this today and I imagine that I will say it again tomorrw I hope that your Holliday is very special. DAD

Sending love and good wishes to all of you. Keep that smile going and don't forget to be kind. Forgive and Forget. That is the best thing that you can do.

.
I hope to be back in the morning with another short blog, they are really fun to write..
.
BYE BYE DAD..
.
©. 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved


7 comments:

Hollie said...

Beautiful story Dad. I enjoyed it so! Thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Have a great day!
love you both

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am SMILING for you here this morning. As you say only one more day of work here after today and also one more after today and Christmas will be here. May all those of you at your house have a happy Christmas holiday too!

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

Came by for a refill of coffee before doing some holiday tasks. And what a treat your blog is today. That is a wonderful story and such a good reminder to appreciate the things we have, especially friends. A dear friend once said to me "to have friends you have to work at being a friend". I remind myself of this often and make sure I take the time to be a friend. Thanks DAD and Mary for being my friend. ...Sara's Mom

Sayit-baldys said...

DAD, YOU ARE DOING FINE. sam

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad. I suppose it's past dinner for you. I went over to check out Oreo and wish him a Happy Birthday pretty early.
Have yourself a great day along with Mary. Hugs to you both, Helen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad:

I enjoyed Ms. Mary's post today very much, and also your story, which reflects the way my family, especially my father's family, lived and believed. I've always felt very fortunate to have this perspective as well. Those treasures are worth so much to me, while the things most people seem to value are worth so little to me. ;)

Wishing you and your loved ones all very happy holidays! Love from Jamaka and fams

Steve Borichevsky said...

In case I don’t have a chance to say it later, Merry Christmas Dad!