Thursday, December 31, 2009

THURSDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & THIRTY THREE

" Time is so precious-do not waste it."

How are you feeling here on the morning of the last day of 2009 ? Has it been a good year for you ? Are you going to miss it ? I feel for myself that the year has treated me very good, at almost 97 years old, I will be in September I am still here huntin' & pickin' on this keyboard. And I am feling very good this morning. I am going to get us a big pot of Stabuucks ready and then we can sit a while and talk ( no gossip) just about all the good things that we know about.( Gossip has done so much damage in this present evil world.) And all the good things God and others have done for us.

http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920.

.This link above will give you the weather report for the Tennessee Valley , and you can also get your own local weather by typing in your zip code. This reports changes as the day goes on so the report you get is always current. I always look at our weather first thing in the morning this season of the year it is important to us. Dad.
.
I am wondering about Sara, Misty and Oreo. I think that they are beging to improve some. Anyway I am going on to Sara's Sara's Dog Training blog and check on them. It is hard for me to start a day without getting a glimpse that first comes up of those two beauties. DAD.


These three links below are links that I try to make time for every day. DAD.

Shooting My Universe ..I am so proud that I can call Steve my friend, I would like for him to visit the smokies this spring and give us some pictures from there. Thanks Steve for all that you do for us, DAD

WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE and

American Profile Magazine


I just now received a note telling me that I have some new readers in the country of Lithuania, if you would like a visit there just click on this .Visit Lithuania on Wikipedia This make a total of 72 countries that we are hearing from. Dad.

If you would like to go to Egypt click here Visit Egypt on Wikipedia

/
http://urbangardencasual.com/2008/04/28/lasagna-gardening-its-not-just-for-dinner-anymore

I want to thank Vanesse for the good link above, It is something that you will enjoy and get a lot of helpful information about your garden. I will be showing it often.
And this is to you Vanesse, I hope that you and all of your family have a Happy New Year. I am a long time friend of Reggie and I am sure that you would know him. Keep up the good work that you are doing. DAD.

I do love the birds that visit my WILDLIFE HABITAT. They seem to be enjoy their feed and fresh water in this cold weather. When I think of birds I always go to Ecobirder why don't you look at that today.

Hi to All:

I finally had time to sit down and work on my new blog, which is planned as a gallery for selling my paintings - Brush Strokes Gallery. Trying to gear up and get ready to retire to the mountains plus an early start to my New Year's resolutions. Here's the link:

http://brushstrokesbykcgallery.blogspot.com/ ,,,,,,Karen Cooke

I do need to bring this to a close. This of course is my last entry for 2009. I have enjoyed visiting with you during the past year and I hope that we can still be friends in 2010 and I think that we can. If we have'nt learned anything but to Smile & be Kind to all men, maybe our time has not been wasted.

I hope to see you in the morning if my life is spared

BYE BYE DAD.

©. 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved .


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a Healthy, Happy New Year, Dad. This will be a night of noise and smoke, as firecrackers are legal in Hawaii. 2010 is the Year of the Tiger. (my year) Tiger T-shirts, mugs, plates, key rings and ornaments are selling briskly.
Aloha and again Happy New Year to you and Mary. Sara's aunt

Becky said...

Another year has come and gone... time sure does fly by. You have made my year a better year, just by being here. Hope your 2010 is a wonderful year full of ripe juicy tomatoes and more new friends from all over this big wide world! Love to you and Mary!

Anonymous said...

I thought you were 96 years old.

Dad said...

I corected the age question above, DAD

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have learned the lesson well...a SMILE and kindness to our fellow men is a very good way to live for sure. May your New Year be blessed with plenty more of both.
'On Ya'-ma

Joan said...

Happy Last Day of 2009. Thanks for the daily cups of coffee, the chats and the smiles. I am looking forward to many more in 2010.

Now off to play with the delightful grandsons!

Happy New Year! ...Sara's Mom

Steve Borichevsky said...

Dad, I am the one that has been blessed by you. Thank you for having such a wonderful blog where folks can come in every morning.

I did live in Oak Ridge for one year. I found the people to be the friendliest people I've ever met, anywhere. Period. And the birds! Oh, my!

Happy New Year, Dad!

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Wishing you both the happiest of New Years -- may you both be safe, healthy, happy, and prosperous in what really matters! ;)

I'm enjoying my coffee, thank you, Dad, and SMILING after looking at the birds on your friend's website. What a talent he is! I see you are getting more and more international visitors -- you are definitely world famous! which is so nice. I definitely agree with you about the gossip -- it's something none of us needs. May we all be kinder, gentler, more compassionate, peaceful, and understanding of ALL living beings in 2010! Love from Jamaka and fams