Saturday, January 30, 2010

SATURDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & FIFTY NINE

"Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
"Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers."

...
( Good Sunday morning to you . I don't have an entry for you on Sunday' 1/31/10. I am just stopping in to say Hi and to tell you all that I love and appreciat all of you. There is still some good reading in yesterdays blog # 1059. I will see you in the morning if all is well. DAD )
.

http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920 ....
.
The link above will give you our local weather report.
.
TO OLDER FRIENDS

You may be growing older and your next
step’s a mite bit slow;

You may not move as fast as once, but, oh, God loves you so!
You may think you’re not needed, that your work down here is through
But, my beloved oldster, God has a plan for you.
.
Your white hair shows the wisdom you’ve gathered through the years,
Your presence stands for victories; proved you’ve conquered many fears.
Your sweetness shows that Christ dwells within, His love in you abides;
As these virtues flow out from you, you’re blessing other lives.
.
Oh, don’t ever be discouraged, if others must wait on you.
You’ve done your share of service, just let His light shine through.
So, rejoice and live for Jesus and to others, His kindness show.
You’re still wanted and still needed.
You’re God’s Messenger, you know.



Author unknown to us. THANKS JOAN C. FOR SHARING THIS WITH US.
.
Here is the rest of the interesting blog about our favorite food and good friends.
.

A stop at the Whistle Stop Cafe for their special
.
.
Cafe for their special dish......Fried Green Tomatoes.

Here they are...looking delicious!

Len ready for his first bite ..... Len when you get back home I am going to send you and Joan a box of fried green tomatoes I know you will say delicious. Dad.

Joan enjoying her last bite.....Yummy!

Joan having an afternoon cup of Starbucks Bold + with Dad.If I have my way I am going to have this picture in my Dad's Smile Album DAD.
.
To view the pictures of this above you will need to scroll down to Yesterdays blog Entry # 2058..
I am sorry about the pictures , its the best that I can do this morning. DAD
.
I just love these slow Saurday mornings, a time that for one morning that we do not have to rush around so much
.
We have a tempeature of 35 degrese this morning and it looks like aboue at least 3 inches of snow on the ground. I hope that you still in that bed right now and enjoying you extra rest. And I hope to find all of you feeling good. I am feeling so much better than I was yesterday. Good rest Good sleep.
.
.
I am wondering about my friends at Sara's Dog Training blog. I don't know if I can make it this morning with all ths snow on the ground, but I want my three friends to know that I never will forget you. If you are out in the snow please drive carefully. Sara I just now read your blog, so sorry to hear about your fall. Dad.
.
I think that I will stop for now, since this is Saturday, I am gonging to leave this open for a little while, I might have something new come in. I do hope to see you early Monday morning
.
Be sure and go see Mr Side Panel, He will be nice to you.
.
And I have told you so many times what we all should to be doing, I am not going to tell you this morning. I just wan't to see if you remember them, now I am going to check on you during the day and I hope that I do not see any frowns.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

10 comments:

Becky said...

Mmmm... fried green tomatoes. That looks like a fun restaurant, to be able to sit outside and have fried green tomatoes.

Just a short hello this time, Dad... I am so tired tonight, eyes won't stay open, must get to bed, but wanted to stop by your blog because it helps me have peaceful dreams.

Good night!

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

Becky stops by to end her day with peaceful smiles and I stop by to begin my day with peaceful smiles and reminders to be kind and gentle to everyone I meet today. I have my cup ready to be filled with some of your delicious coffee and to check on several of your sidebars. There are so many that I like to visit and of course I check on those eagles several times a day. No bird there this morning probably out looking for a nice warm spot since the trees are blowing briskly.

No snow here but no sunshine either, looks like rain...a good indoor day. Stay warm and smile at the beauty of the snow, it doesn't stay around for long. ...Sara's Mom

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you are able to stay in and just enjoy that snow from the house today and keep warm. I did sleep in this morning and am thankful for a Saturday for sure. Have a wonderful weekend.

Sara said...

No snow here today. Just bitter cold. Although, we are lucky not to be getting the ice storm that some of the other states are getting.

Enjoy your day. I'm taking the morning slow like you, then we're off to our agility class after lunch.

Anonymous said...

Morning Ray, I liked & appreciated the poem that you shared. Am glad to know that God still has a planfor each of us, regardless of our shortcomings. Was sorry to hear about Vivian but glad for her shining light in our lives. She was a good messenger, now she is at rest in Jesus,her work here is done. It will be that way for us all one day & I hope, pray I finish according to his will. Love you & Mary, hope you're both doing well. Take care & hope to see you in Sept. if not before.

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad, I looked at your web cam and the snow is beautiful. Loved that poem. I know you are going to stay inside where it is safe though. I have been watching the Eagle cam this morning. It's snowing like crazy there and the nest is almost full of snow. Glad that she hasn't laid an egg yet. One of them was sitting in a tree about 300 ft away they said and showed earlier on the new chat beside the cam. Have a good weekend. Helen

Sonya said...

Glad you got some snow finally. We are enjoying ours. So pretty.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Stay warm and close to the coffee pot, won't you both? Wishing you both a comfortable, safe, and happy weekend. I'm waiting on the plumber -- AGAIN -- so I have to keep this short. Love from Jamaka and fams

Sayit-baldys said...

DAD, I LIKE THAT POEM TO 'OLDSTERS'. TRUE, GOD HAS A PURPOSE FOR WE BEING HERE. COMFORTING TO HAVE PEOPLE 'DOING' FOR US. MINE SAY THEY ARE DOING WHAT THEY WANT TO. THEY REALIZE THAT GOD HAS BLESSED WE ALL. sam

Joan said...

Sunday Morning and I am stopping by to re-read the poem On Growing Old. I so enjoyed reading it yesterday and again today. Thank Joan C. for sharing it with you and then with all of us. Hope your Sunday is a gentle one.

...Sara's Mom