Friday, January 1, 2010

NEW YEARS DAY ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & THIRTY FOUR

" Time is so precious-do not waste it."

I want to wish all of my friends wherever you are in this world a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. Dad.

God has in His mercy given us a new clean sheet, today is January 1 2010. I for one want to be more careful how I use this new one. The old one don't look very good. I don't usually make New Year Resolutions but I am going to do it this year. And it's no secret, I am going to do my best to keep it, and I know that if I can that things will be much better for me. Here it is . DAD

" Begin the day with God. Kneel down to Him in prayer. Lift up my heart to His abode and seek His love to share."

Dad's Memoirs ....Dont waste very much time on this, it's not all that good. Dad


New Year's Resolution GardenTo view this email in a browser Click Here

Here is a little poem that I like.

Making A Garden.

Man plows and plants and digs and weeds. He works with hoe and spade. God sends the sun and rain and air. And thus a garden's made.

He must be proud who tills the soil. And turns the heavy sod.. How wonderful a thing to be. In partnership with God.

From a little book called Verses I Like. Dad.

Look to your right in the side bar and you can view Dad's Tomato Garden Album from last year. Dad.

Maybe after this day is over we can get back to our regular schedule, and that is what I am wanting to do. Jim and Beverly are comming down this afternoon. And there are several more of the family will be here, I don't remember which ones right now. We plan on having a meal together.

Since this is 2010 a new year that we are celebrating today I think that I will make this a short entry. You will understand that I am leaving lot's of my regular things out of todays entry, but I will have them back tomorrow. You will remember my side bar, most everything is there. I do hope that your day is a good one but above all a safe one.

Shooting My Universe ..I just could not leave this one out. Dad.

This would be a good day to begin telling others that you love them and do be kind and smile every chance that you have, and then we should keep that up the rest of the year. That should not be very hard to do.

BYE BYE DAD.
©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy New Year. Enjoy family and friends.
Thank you for all the good words and advice.
It is fun to visit with you. Sara's aunt

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good morning and Happy New Years! I like your resolution for this year and think it is a great way to start every day!

Judy said...

Good morning :-) Happy New Year and hope that 2010 will bring you the best tomato garden ever!

Helen said...

Happy New Year to you, Mary and your family. Enjoy that good meal and eat enough for me. Helen

Karen A. Cooke said...

Happy New Year, Uncle Ray!
Your niece, Karen

Joan said...

Happy New Year...2010. May we all be blessed with a healthy, happy year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Dad!
As usual, your blog is full of pearls of wisdom, like time being precious and telling the people you love that you love them. I try to do that as my norm, but plan on doing better at it this year. I will start with you...I love you Dad and thanks for all you do!
With love,
Vicki in Birmingham

Sara said...

Happy New Year Dad! I hope you enjoyed your first evening meal of the new year with your family.

We had our first dinner of the new year at my mom's house, along with my sister & two nephews. It was delicious. My mom is a wonderful cook.

Here's to a healthy, happy New Year filled with kindness and smiles.

Love, Sara, Misty & Oreo

Linda :) said...

Happy New Year! :)

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Hope you are enjoying a wonderful evening, dinner and having your family close by you. Your Resolution is the best one and I will join you in that, and in intending to do more to help those who are vulnerable and innocent (cats!) in 2010.

I love your memoirs pages, Dad! There is much there to inspire us all, and much of great value -- a life being very well lived. ;)

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones, Dad and Ms. Mary! Love, Jamaka and fams

Joann said...

Happy New Year, Dad!! May this new year be one of many blessings, great health, and much happiness for you and your family!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Dad...to you, Mary and everyone of your family members!
Hugs and love,
Joyce