Saturday, January 9, 2010

SATURDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & FORTY ONE.

" Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
( Hi, this is Sunday morning at 4 a.m. 1/10/10 I do not write a blog on Sunday but I will see you Monday morning if all goes well. This morning I just wanted to give you the tempeature it is 23 degres, and tell you that I love you. DAD, )
.
This is another cold morning, how does 14 degrees sound to you. Since it is so cold I am going to make us a pot of Starbucks coffee and have it ready if your are able to stop in. But it is cold and the roads are slick so please don't take any chances. I love all of you and I sure don't want to loose any of you. DAD.

.
http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920..

This above is the forcast for East Tennessee. You can also get your own local weather by typing in your zip code. This reports changes as the day goes on so the report you get is always current. At 3 A.M. the tempeature is 14 degrees. I always look at our weather first thing in the morning this season of the year it is important to us . DAD.
.
This weather in the low teens has been with us for several days and I have begun to worry about my roses, I covered them with mulch but not very heavy. I have some beautiful roses I sure would hate to loose them, but if I do I can replace them. Jackson & Perkins have pleny more.
.
Shooting My Universe ..Here it is, I just can't leave it out. DAD.
.
'' Growing tomato plants is easy. They produce an abundance of fruit. The best tomato, is one that ripens on the vine. With a wide range of varieties to choose from, there is a tomato plant that's just right for every home gardener"

.
I need to give credit to The Garden Net work for this above. DAD.
.
When an Old man gets to thnking.

When an old man gets to thinking of the years he’s traveled through, He hears again the laughter of the little ones he knew. He isn’t counting money, and he isn’t planning schemes ; He’s at home with friendly people in the shadow of his dreams. When he’s lived through all life’s trials and his sun is in the west, When he’s tasted all life’s pleasures and he knows which ones were best, Then his mind is stored with riches, not of silver and of gold, But of happy smiling faces and the joys he couldn’t hold. Could we see what he is seeing as he’s dreaming in his chair, We should find no scene of struggle in the distance over there. As he counts his memory treasures, we should see some shady lane Where’s he walking with his sweetheart, young, and arm in arm again. We should meet with friendly people, simple, tender folk and kind, That had once been glad to love him. In his dreaming we should find All the many little beauties that enrich the lives of men That the eyes of youth scarce notice and the poets seldom pen. Age will tell you that the memory is the treasure- house of man. Gold and fleeting fame may vanish, but life’s riches never can ; For the little home of laughter and the voice of every friend And the joys of real contentment linger with us to the end.
.
By Edgar Guest.
.
http://plantclinic.cornell.edu/FactSheets/botrytis/botrytis_blight.htm

.
An important link above for Tomato growers.
.
.
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
.
.It Ain't Easy Bein' Green .
.
LEARN BIRD SONGS.
.
WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE .
.

TOP 10 Tomatoes! Unrivalled for taste, size and yields.To view this email in a browser Click Here ..You will be able to get a lot of good ideas here. Dad is in no way connected to Burpee. DAD.
.
It is another cold morning and it is Saturday morning. I do wish that Sara, Oreo and Misty could just stay in today, but Sara may have other plans, she usually does, and we can't stop her. It is a little early for me to go to Saras blog at Sara's Dog Training link, but I am going. Maybe they will be awake enough for me to get my smile. DAD.
.
I hope that some of your problems can be answered in these five web sites below If not I am RIGHT HERE at white6416r@aol.com. DAD )....
/
.DAD'S FRIED GREEN TOMATOES Shared with everyone in the world On this site you will find the recipe for Dad's Fried Green Tomatoes
as well as other delicious tomato recipes.
.
..DAD'S MEMOIRS AND THOUGHTS Shared with everyone in the world .
.
.SONGBIRD AND ROSE GARDEN Shared with everyone in the world. ..
.
.DAD'S TOMATO GARDEN Shared with everyone in the world..
.
. Dad's Tomato Problem Solver Site Shared with everyone in the world..
.
This is going to be all for this Saturday morning, I do not write on Sunday but I will see you early Monday morning if my life is spared. Smile and be kind and gentle unto all men.
.
BYE BYE DAD
©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved .


9 comments:

Helen said...

It's cold here this morning also but a tad warmer than you have. It's 16ºhere this morning. Cold enough to keep myself inside. Loved that poem. Have a nice weekend along with Mary and both of you try to stay warm. Helen

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
It's 13 degrees here this morning. Hubby & COlt have got to get out in it to work. I'll have a cup of that coffee with you. Mmmm, that really hits the spot. Stay warm

Love you both

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is 19 here so we are a few degrees warmer but that is still too cold. For the first time in weeks they say it will be partly sunny here. I do hope so as we do need a little sun. It won't get much warmer but it'll look good.Have a great weekend!

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

COFFEE please! It is colder in the south than here in the north and it is very, very cold here. Your coffee is already warming me. We are use to this in the winter but I doubt if you get weather like this often.

I so enjoyed your poem this morning and I think it applies to Old Woman Thinking as well. I know thinking, talking and sharing memories is always so soothing. Last night I made some new memories. My nephew and his son came by for a few hours and what fun I had working on puzzles with the little guy and Len was thrilled to share his Lionel trains with someone who really enjoyed working the switches and unloading the lumber off the train car.

I also have memories of those covered bridges in Shooting the Umiverse today. Sara should remember canoeing under one of them and we pass several of the others when we vacation in Maine. I love the sound when you drive thru a covered bridge..if I close my eyes I can hear it now. We live very close to Vermont with all its covered bridges and have lots of memories of fun days and weekends spent in the beautiful Green Mountains.

Stay indoors today, kept warmm, close your eyes, enjoy some memories and SMILE gently. Tell Mary I am thinking of her and hoping she doesn't have to go out in this bitter weather. ..Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Edgar Guest got it right. I read his poem twice and got chicken skin both times. You know what pleasures are best. You share your riches of kindness with friendly pleple who love your smiles and enjoy chatting over a good cup of coffee. (It is contagious.) Aloha, Sara's aunt.

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Dad, you brewed up my favorite cup of coffee :) Thank you so much for dropping by my blog. I thank you for your kind words and being compared with Steve in his writing is a great honor. I also think highly of his photography and if I can get a third of the way where he is now I will be a very happy lady. I have enjoyed my visit here and it is very nice to meet you. We have relatives in North Dakota. It was 31 below there. Wow! I don't think I am going to say anything about our 28 degrees. Stay warm and thanks for your wonderful post.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

I LOVE the poem by Edgar Guest that you shared with us, Dad -- so much! ;) It's a keeper.

Sorry to check in so late -- was talking with a friend earlier about some of the same things covered in this poem. They are words of wisdom! ;)

Wrap up warm and stay near the coffee pot! and safe journeys to you both tomorrow. Love from Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

EDGAR GUEST WAS THE BEST. sam

Becky said...

Thinking of you this Sunday morning, Dad, and hoping that you're staying warm. Thanks for that good hot coffee, and here's a smile for you.