Tuesday, January 19, 2010

TUESDAY'S ENRTY # TWO THOUSAND & FORTY NINE

" Time is so precious-do not waste it." .
.
NEW BURPEE PLANTS FOR YOUR ENTIRE GARDEN
To view this email in a browser Click Here
.
I am just trying to get your thoughts turned towards spring
and gardening time. I think that this above will do it. And this would be a good time to order your Biota Max. Dad.
.
ORDER Biota Max™ NOW! ... Use referral code (Dad)
.
Space station
.
I find this very enlightening. I never dreamed that the space station was this massive. jwb.
.
Fascinating look at the space station and how
it's grown from the beginning and to the future additions planned.

.
http://i.usatoday.net/tech/graphics/iss_timeline/flash.htm .

I am not sure who wrote the above, it was sent to me by a friend George M, but I do want to give credit to someone. Dad.
.
http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920
.
.This above is the weather forecast for East Tennessee. You can also get your own local weather by typing in your zip code. This reports changes as the day goes on so the report you get is always current. At 3 A.M. the temperature is 42 degrees. And we do have hopes of warmer later today, We are supposed to have a high of above 50 today. I always look at our weather first thing in the morning this season of the year it is important to us , It is looking like that we are going to have some better weather for a while. Some nice spring like weather will help us all. DAD
.

We had a little scare yesterday morning, we thought that we had lost the EAGLES, but no they are still here.
.
.http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html. .

I hope that you are still enjoying the eagles, Above is the link that will take you up to their nest.
.

Posted on 18 January 2010 by tomatocasual.com
..
Preventing Late Blight
Tags:
,
.
By Vanessa Richins.

.
Last year was a sad year in the tomato world, wasn’t it?
It felt like every other word I read on gardening sites mentioned “blight.”
Rain, an influx of new gardeners (which meant a larger chance for spreading), infected plants sold at retail chains and other conditions meant many tomato plants fell prey to late blight.
Next year can be better, though, if we all take steps to manage the disease.
The fungus needs a host that is living, so it will die on tomato plants left over the winter. It’s best to clean them all out, though, to help prevent any of the other diseases.
When you’re ready to plant again in the spring, I would suggest
Read the rest of this entry »
.
Related Posts
Reader Questions: Tomato Blight
Dealing with Tomato Blight
Irish Potato Famine Disease Hits Tomatoes in Northeastern States
Email This Post
.
Good morning Sara, if it is o.k. I would like to stop in a little earlier this morning to get my smile. I have an early doctors appointment. And I do have a friend that is visiting down in Florida and I need to answer their letter. I know the way, I just click on this link
Sara's Dog Training
and your blog comes up followed by two smiling faces. Thanks Sara. Dad.
.
Ecobirder ... This is good. Dad/
.

.TOP 10 Tomatoes! Unrivalled for taste, size and yields.To view this email in a browser Click Here Just click on the red link.
.
Shooting My Universe .
.
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam . .
.
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green .
.
.LEARN BIRD SONGS
.
I am going to stop for a little rest and some more Coffee. I am leaving plenty for you, come on in anytime. I hope to be back soon. Remember this. " Be Kind and Gentle today."
.
BYE BYE DAD.
.©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is time to turn our thoughts toward Spring! I love thinking about new life and things growing and green once more. I'll be welcoming a new grandchild to the family this Spring too so that is a wonderful thing. Just heard yesterday that there will be another new one come the fall too! That will be 14 for me now.

Mandy said...

Grandpa,

Hope your doctor's appoiontment goes well!

Love you and Aunt Mary,

Mandy

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

Stopping by for some Starbucks and for some good advise "Be kind and gentle today". The flowers on the Burpee site are so beautiful. I thought I might see some flowers in bloom in Florida but they must have been adversely affected by the cold spell.

I am writing from the library this morning and it was a delightful walk to get here. I so enjoyed the warmth and fresh air...makes me want to go out for a long walk this afternoon.

I went to the Space Station site and watching it reminded me of the 3D movie I just took my 7 year old grandson to see "Fly Me To The Moon". I recommend it to families if it is playing nearby. The children will love it and they will get to learn about the Apollo 11 mission.

Hope all went well for you at the doctor's office this morning. ...Sara's Mom

Hollie said...

I'm so ready for Spring. It's in the low 60s here today & I love it. I know it won't stay long though.

Sayit-baldys said...

DAD, I'VE BEEN EATING 'DICED' TOMATOS FROM THE CAN. EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD, OF COURSE NOT LIKE HOME GROWN FRESH TOMATOS. sam

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Best wishes on your doctor's appointment, Dad -- hope it went well and that you had safe journeys there and home. Hope you and Ms. Mary are staying warm, enjoying the beautiful winter there. Those dunlin photos your friend took are gorgeous -- what fat little birds! They must have a lot of insulation ;)

The tomato blight sounds terrible if it's anything like the Irish potato blight! Oh my gosh, I hope they can arrest it, because we need our tomatoes...the tinned ones will do in a pinch, but we like our fresh ones, don't we?

Love from Jamaka and fams, thankful for rain at last