Thursday, January 28, 2010

THURSDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & FIFTY SEVEN

Time is so precious-do not waste it
.
Kindness is like snow - it beautifies everything it covers."
.
.http://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920 ...
.
The link above will give you our local weather report.

...
From Dad
.
Dad's Southern Fried Green Tomatoes
.
.*6 Green Tomatoes *Salt and Pepper *Corn Meal *Vegetable Oil *2 Eggs, beaten .
.
( Here is a little tip about the tomatoes you choose to fry, when choosing your tomatoes, don't pick the lsrge ones always use the smaller ones they are so much better in tenderness and flavor. )
.
Slice the tomatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Salt and pepper them to taste.Dip slices in beaten egg, then in the corn meal. Fry in hot oil about three minutes on each side ( I use a large electric skillet to fry mine in ) until they are golden brown. Now sit back and smile.
.
You may wonder why I am talking about` fried green tomatoes here at 3 a.m. on this Thursday morning, here is the reason, I have talk with several people lately that were just not to well pleased with what they were served. And I am affraid that this might cause them to stop eating them .
.
Let me tell you the problem. It the cook not the tomatoes, If you will look at the recipe and go by it you will be telling every one how much you love fried green tomatoes.
.
Sara I was very busy yesterday but I did not forget you , Misty or Oreo. I did go by but I was in to much of a rush. But I am back again this morning with more time, I am going to click on this Sara's Dog Training link and look at your blog..Dad.
.

It is Thursday and I am up feeling good again, we did have a very busy day yesterday. Everything went well, it was around 5 p.m. when we reached home. I know that you are needing coffee, so am I. It is ready let's have a cup and I warnu its hot and strong. Dad.
.
DAD'S TOMATO GARDEN
.
Tomato Problem Solver Site
.
These two links above are used a lot. They are helpful in tomato gardening.
.
Brush Strokes Gallery.
...
Here is a link above that I have been trying to get on here for months, of course you know that Karen is in my family and I love her very much. This link shows paintings that she is offering for sale. DAD .
.

DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3
.
Shooting My Universe .

You can't beat this above for enjoyment..Don't leave here untill you have look at this.

Record Relics . Wait a minuete you are not going to miss this are you

.Ecobirder .
.
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
LEARN BIRD SONGS.
.

ORDER Biota Max™ NOW! ...Use referral code (Dad)
.
The tim has come and gone for me to stop. Here are a few of the words that we want to think aout today. Kind, Gentle, smiling, forgiving, Loving and just being good to evaryone.
.
I hope to see you in the morning.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

9 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Dad, just stopped by to say hi, have a sip of coffee, and see how you're doing... glad to hear that you're doing fine. Well, off to bed for me... my eyes won't stay open.

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

Ah...that Sumatra coffee is so delicious. So glad you had some left for me. I too am feeling good this morning. It will be a busy day, packing up and cleaning up before checking out early tomorrow morning.

Yesterday I rode the bicycle 3+ miles without any falls but I arrived so thirsty that I couldn't swallow or talk. I forgot my rule... never ride or walk without a bottle of water.
After hydrating myself, we went for a walk along Clearwater Beach and stopped for a fresh Grouper Wrap at a restaurant on the beach. A nice ending to our stay in Dunedin.

Looks like an indoor day for you today with snow in your forecast. What a strange January it has been. Hope you filled your bird feeders before the snow. The birds look for your treats everday just as we look for your kind and gentle words everyday. Stay warm.

...Sara's Mom

Hollie said...

I found you! I'm so ready for Spring & some good ole tomatoes. I hope you have a wonderful day! Tell Mary hello for me.

Sara said...

I'm glad you're feeling good this morning. While my parents take a walk on the beach, I'm taking the dogs for a walk in a snow shower!

Hope you have a great day.

Nancy said...

Well hello there Dad...your blog is just as wonderful and comforting as always.
Thanks for all of it!

Love,
Nancy

Ally Lifewithally said...

Goodmorning Dad so glad to catch up with you again ~ Ally x

Rose said...

Oh Dad I sure do miss good home grown tomatoes!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's afternoon now and I'm just now checking in with you hope your day has been a good one.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Glad to see you're feeling good today; hope Ms. Mary is, too. Thanks for the coffee -- it's particularly good today, don't you think? -- and the recipe. I can't imagine anyone not loving fried green tomatoes, can you? ;) Wish I had a big plate of 'em right now.

The link to the National Park Service from the Smokies webcam is amazing -- have you checked it out? I just went to San Jacinto and San Gabriel, which are both close to my beloved former home in the Mojave. Makes me so homesick!

Love to you both from Jamaka and fams