Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TUESDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED & THREE.

My mood for today 3/22/10 is Happy.
.
"Time is so precious-do not waste it"
.
.Click on this Eagle Web Cam and you will go right to to the eagles nest, wonder what is going to happen today? It is interesting to watch them being fed. And you will begin to see them grow. They are going to be crowded very soon if they keep on eating like they are now.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3
.
The bird bath,s are shown on Cam,s # 2 & 3.
.
These links below are full of lots of information tha you can use when you are producing that good home grown tomato. Please look at them often.

.
DAD'S FRIED GREEN TOMATOES Shared with everyone in the world On this site you will find the recipe for Dad's Fried Green Tomatoes, as well as other delicious tomato recipes
.
DAD'S MEMOIRS AND THOUGHTS Shared with everyone in the world
.
DAD'S SONGBIRD AND ROSE GARDEN Shared with everyone in the world
.
DAD'S TOMATO GARDEN Shared with everyone in the world
.
Dad's Tomato Problem Solver Site Shared with everyone in the world.
.
p://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920.

This link above wll give you our local weather report. And your own if you will type in your zip code. I am confused by thi unsually weather. Monday was a cold rainy miserable day, but we do expect a little change today according to the weather report.
.
Today.Tuesday 3/23/10
A few morning showers. High 15C. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Chance of a shower or two during the morning, followed by partly cloudy skies in the afternoon. High 59F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%
.

Mary and I went by Stanleys Grenhouse monday p.m.and they do not have any tomato plants on display. We do have a few plants that will be arriving soon from Burpee.
..
If you love Tomatoes ( and you tell me what is better than a good home grown tomato sandwich.) please click on the link below, and read all the way to the bottom, you will be glad to have all the information that is there. It will be a great help to you in producing a good tomato. It will help you solve a lot of your problems. If you don't find them here just send me an email at white6416r@aol.com I am nevet to busy to give you some help. I think that this is my most important link and I hope that you will look at it.DAD.
.
Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page.
.
Sara's Dog Training
LEARN BIRD SONGS
Shooting My Universe
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
Ecobirder
.
These links above are some that I use often.
.
I want to say Good morning to you three this morning, I hope that you had a good restful night. I always worry until I hear from you Sara each day. I am looking at a beautiful picture of Misty & Oreo sitting right here on my desk. I want to leave this link Sara's Dog Training blog which will take you to something beautiful. Thanks Sara. DAD .
.
Here is my thought for today.
.
" Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. "
.
These are words of Jesus. Matthew chapter 5 verse 14.
.
This is going to be all for now, Thanks to all of you that have stuck with me through the years, and for so many new readers that I am getting. Some are so faithful in letting me know that they have been here, and some send me pictures and other things that I can use, I am going to write this blog as long as God gives me the strength to get to the keyboard.

I hope to be back in the morning if all is well.
.
BYE BYE DAD.
©. 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved...

8 comments:

Becky said...

Why was Monday a gloomy day, Dad? Do you mean the weather? I'm surprised there were no tomato plants at the garden center, because it is now officially SPRINGTIME. Hopefully you will get them soon. Are you getting help with the garden preparation? That is a big job.

Well, it's off to bed for me, I worked 13 hours here at this desk today and it's getting kind of hard to feel my legs... LOL. You have a good day and keep that coffee pot on, I'll be by again when I wake up.

Sara said...

DAD,
Don't spend too much time worrying about us! We are all doing just fine. Oreo will be ok, it will just take time.

It is a gloomy day here. But that is OK, it will be easier to keep Oreo from running around the yard!

Dar said...

I am so anxious to set tomato plants even tho that is months away for me. I absolutely LOVE tomato sandwiches...I even posted one last fall while canning tons of them. I love your many points of advise. Thanks for sharing
Bless Ya DAD

Cindi said...

good morning Dad...
got a pic of my tomato plant on my blog...so far I have a total of 6 tomatoes growing...more to come
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Morning Ray, it is raining here this morning. How are you & Mary doing? I hope to join you folks for meeting this coming Sunday. I;m coming down for a family gathering. It will be good to see everyone again. I am looking forward to it with anticipation. Fortunate to have Robert Flippo & JIm Holt over for lunch yesterday. Needless to say, it was very enjoyable & I hope they enjoyed being here as much as I being glad they came. It is almost time for "Tomatoe" planting isn't it! I know you can't wait to get them in the ground. We didn't fair to well with ours last year but I am going to try again. Love to all & again, I am looking forward to Sunday. See you then the Lord willing.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad and Ms. Mary:

Hope today is not as gloomy for you as yesterday! Mama eagle is taking a break right now. Your friend's pictures of Shanghai are beautiful -- we are the same wherever we live!
Hope some good tomato plants come in soon so you can look forward to a good sandwich AND some fried green tomatoes (MMMM!) Are you going to plant any new roses this year?

The national parks are looking nice this early Spring. Love to you both from Jamaka and fams

Joan said...

Good Afternoon DAD..

I need a coffee break and a chance to rest my legs...been in the kitchen cooking most of the day. Glad to see the coffee pot is still on and so is your smile.

Tonight the woman who made 2 quilts for my grandsons is coming by with the quilts. I am so excited to see the quilts completed. She included 9 squares made from their Dad's tee shirts. Sara will be taking down to the boys this weekend for their birthdays.

Be sure to check out the great photo of the baby eaglets on the site
http://eaglenest.blogs.wm.edu/
they are just so cute and growing so quickly!

You mentioned ordering some tomato plants from Burpee. I am thinking about doing that as well. If I do, will they know when to send them to me based on where I live or do I need to order them when I think the time is right?

Enough of a break for now. Hope you are having a relaxing day. ...Sara's Mom

Ally Lifewithally said...

Dear Dad it was lovely to see both parents feeding their babies today ~
Today we saw they have Tomato plants in the Garden Centre so will buying ours soon ~ there is just nothing like a home grown Tomato ~ hope your day is going well ~ Ally x