Friday, July 23, 2010

FRIDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND TWO TWENTY ONE

You may remember the Brandy Wine tomato pictured above that we have used before. It is the one on the first plant of the 6 plants in the planter. we showed you when the bloom came on and now today we are showing you a nice red ripe Brandy WINE tomato.
...

This is just a view of a few plants seen from a distance. It has been a wonderful season, and I have enjoyed it very much. I wish that I could have shared more of these tomatoes with you. I wish that you would move closer to me.
...
...
Good Morning.
.

"Time is so precious-do not waste it.".
.
" Wasted years will come again no more "
.
." Live for others every day, 'tis the true the better way
."
.
My mood for today 6/23/10 is Happy.
.
One reason that I am happy and content is because we did have a good day yesterday, it rained most of the day so Mary and I took advantage of that and she worked with me in the office. We got a few things done that pleased me, especially the 3 Cams that I am proud all seem to be in order.
.
...
.These 3 outside cams are always in my edited side panel, and I try to have them all working, they are a great part of my tomato growing information.
...
A good cup of that Sumatra X bold coffee would taste good right now and I know that it is ready by that good smell that I am getting from the kitchen, here I go and I know that you would come with me if it were possible. That sure would be nice, DAD.
.
Sara here I am again I have not forgot you, Misty or Oreo. You always start my day. off right I know where to go for a smile.Sara's Dog Training blog. Thanks for all you do Sara. I am so glad that I ever met you and all your nice family, they are an inspiration to me DAD.
.
Here is my thought for today.
.
"it's very important in life to know when to shut up. You should not be afraid of silence.''
.
This is by Alex Trebek. Dad saw it in The Knoxville News sentinel.
.
Here is a link below to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code.
.
Today..7/23/10
Times of sun and clouds. Hot and humid. High 36C. Winds light and variable.
Sun and clouds mixed. Hot and humid. Heat index near 110F. High 97F. Winds light and variable.
.
I think that old Dad should stay inside today, what do you think ?
.
This is the page for you to read Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page As you know my main purpose in writing this journal has been to help you in producing a good home grown tomato. If you will read this page all the way to the end you will find lots of help. There is some help on blight , end rot and other diseases.
.
Dad's Tomato Problem Solver Site. I think that you will enjoy this, DAD.
.
I think that I am going to stop, I want to stop talking before you stop listing. that would be terrible. I hardly know what to say. Maybe just be good today. being good takes in a lot of things you know. I hope to see you in the morning with a cup of coffee and a smile.
...
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

8 comments:

Sara said...

DAD,
Loved seeing the photo of your tomato plants! Wow, they are impressive.

I also loved your quote about knowing when to "shut up". Boy, isn't that the truth? I think that is a lesson you don't learn until well into your late 30's.

Well, we had an absolutely gorgeous day here yesterday. Looks like we'll be having your rain here today. I'm going to head on out to walk Misty & Oreo and play a bit before the rain comes in later.

Yesterday on our walk we saw some a couple wild turkey walking their babies! I think there were at least 6 babies. When they saw us, they really started moving fast. Usually, the turkeys around here are in slow motion and will take forever to cross the road. Must have been because they had their babies.

Have a great day!

Becky said...

Yes, I vote for you to stay indoors today and stay cool! Jessie and I were just saying earlier that sometimes it's just so pleasant to not go anywhere, just stay at home inside and take care of organizing things a bit. Today we painted our bookcase and hung some pictures and it felt so good to accomplish those things, made the place feel a little more homey.

I must tell you, seeing those tomato plants from a distance all covered with red tomatoes is a beautiful sight. You sure do have a green thumb when it comes to tomatoes.

I hope you won't be taking Alex Trebek's advice about keeping silent because I like it when you talk.

Much love to you and Mary, and let us know how Prince is doing, too, maybe a picture? I wish I lived closer to you, too... would be so pleasant to have coffee together in person and see those tomatoes for myself!

Enjoy the day, and RELAX! If you get too hot you can lay back and place cold tomato slices all over your face... that is good for your skin, you know. (SMILE)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A good rain is appreciated in these hot hot days of summer. We've been unusually steamy here. It's good to see all those wonderful tomatoes! I hope your Friday is a great one!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

So this is what people who can view your CAM #1 get to see... 1 amazing tomato garden! I never saw so many tomatoes on a plant. I can even see the green tomatoes and there are many. You will be enjoying tomatoes for quite some time. You can even use some to make Salsa using Mandy's recipe. I bet you could put the jars out by your mailbox and sell them.

I love your quote of the day. Silence is golden and it is important to know when to be silent. We see, hear and learn so much when we are silent.

With a heat index of 110 you better stay indoors. Or, come by my house for a cup of my Sumatra out on the patio. Today's high 70 degrees.

Relax with a cool iced coffee and enjoy the views from your CAMs with a purring Prince on your lap. ...Sara's Mom

Mandy said...

Good morning Grandpa!

We have been enjoying our homegrown tomatoes! I made Italian bruschetta last night and fresh salsa the night before!

Tell Aunt Mary and Prince hello.

We love you both!

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray,
I too wish we lived closer - not just to enjoy a few of your tomatoes, but to spend time together. Those tomato plants look great! You certainly know how to grow some good tomatoes. Enjoy that Starbucks coffee - I am sipping a cup right long with you. Love to you and Mary, Karen

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince!:

Your Mandy has some wonderful ideas there on her post -- don't those sound good? And iced coffee does sound perfect today, doesn't it? Staying inside, watching the birds out by the fountain, the tomatoes growing, and adorable Prince inside playing -- it doesn't get much nicer than that, does it? Love to you all from Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

Hi DAD,
After seeing the photo of your tomatoes on the vine, I have to insist that you accept the title "Tomato King." As a child, I got to pick tomatoes in NJ, but the plants were not as grand as yours. You certainly have a green thumb that is perfectly suited to Tennessee soil. Aloha, Sara's aunt