Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TUESDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED EIGHTEEN

Good Morning.

Another nice Tuesday morning and I am out of my bed in a very Happy Mood. The reason that I am happy is because we are going to have two Dear friends of ours to have a noonday meal with us today, So that is one reason that I up this early is to help Mary do a little cooking.
.
And her menu is very simple just plain old country cooking in Dad's kitchen. I would not swap that for the finest restaurant in Knoxville.
Here is part of her menu. Angus Beef roast, home grown green beans, boiled new potatoes. Dad's sliced tomatoes, and fresh corn off the cob. And I see a pecan pie sitting over there. I wish that all of you could be with us, but I know that you can't so I will do all I can, I will at least be thinking of you. DAD
.

This below is a comment that I received from Sara
's Aunt Betty who lives in HI which I value very much,
.
''.Dear DAD,Sometimes we do too much, think too much, see too much, or hear too much and it makes us tired. I am proud of you that you got yourself to your desk and computer this morning. There are so many of us who start our days with a visit and a cup of coffee with you. You are making a difference. With that said, I can send you a smile. I hope, for lunch, you were able to eat some "rays of sunshine" as Dar suggested. Be thankful for small pleasures. Aloha, Sara's aunt.
.
And I will never forget Joan Sara's Mom, she has been such a great help to me in keeping me going on when I needed it so much. DAD
.

As usual I am on my way to Sara's Dog Training blog to see my friends would you like to come along you are always welcome. DAD
.
Before I forget I want to tell you what Mary and I did yesterday. We edited our side panel and it needed it very bad. There were so many things there that were not useful so we used the knife on them, For instance my links to my 3 cams were never working but all 3 are right there handy for you. We can always add other important links as they may come up. Dad .
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3


Dad's Smile Album
.
./todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920 .
.
Today weather at Dad's tomato garden...7/20/10.
.
Scattered thunderstorms possible. Humid. High 33C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Partly to mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. Humid. High 92F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

.
Tomato Garden Web Page This is the page for you to read. As you know my main purpose in writing this journal has been to help you in producing a good home grown tomato. If you will read this page all the way to the end you will find lots of help.
.
Dad's Tomato Problem Solver Site. I think that you will enjoy this, DAD.
.
Here is my thought for today.
.
" Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
.
Taken from Matthew chapter 11 verses 28,29 and 30, These are words of Jesus, and his words are true and can be depended upon.
.
I am going to stop and go to the coffee, I have already said too much.
.
I do plan on seeing you in the morning. Be good until I see you again.
.
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

7 comments:

Sara said...

DAD,
Oh, you sound as though you are in much better spirits today. Enjoy your meal with friends. Sounds like a wonderful menu, with so many freshly picked items! I'm sure they will leave with happy bellies and smiles on their faces.

I plan on having a lazy day myself. Reading, a little gardening, and sitting outside with Misty & Oreo.

~Sara

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

It sounds like a good morning for you and a busy day for you and Mary. The menu is just what my mother would serve most Sundays and it is still a favorite of mine. Your company will get to enjoy a wonderful meal and good conversation.

I didn't know you also grew green beans. I buy locally grown green beans and corn often during July and August when they are at their best. Tonight we will have the first of the local grown corn that is sweet and juicy.

I am going to pour another cup of your Sumatra x-bold and visit your cleaned up side bar before going out to visit my tomatoes.

Stay happy and smiling. ...Sara's Mom

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray,
Lunch sounds delicious - you are making my mouth water! Those are some of my favorite dishes! Sounds like you are in good spirits today - it is nice to have visitors to look forward to! Enjoy and eat an extra slice of tomato and a piece of that pie for me! Love ya, Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad,

It sounds like you have a wonderful day planned. Your lunch menu sounds great. All of my favorites. I sure wish I could join you. I know that your company will enjoy themselves. Good food and good comapny. What more could they ask for.

Your Jackson New Jersey Friend,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi DAD,
How wonderful that you are in good spirits!
After Jersey Tomatoes, I miss Kentucky Green Beans. Since your tomatoes are delicious, I think your green beans will be special, too.
How wonderful that Mary is in good spirits! She got you to clean up your computer and is dancing from burner to burner to oven in the kitchen getting everything perfect for your guest. It a grand day. Enjoy it! Aloha,Sara's aunt.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and Prince!:

Hope your lunch with your dear friends is a very enjoyable one -- the menu sounds wonderful and I know that Ms. Mary has to be a wonderful cook (with help from her Dad!;) ) Wishing you a beautiful afternoon. Love to you, Ms. Mary and sweet PRINCE from Jamaka and fams

Ally Lifewithally said...

I am just happy to know you are enjoying your day ~ and thanking you for my "Cuppa" and your company ~ Al;ly x