Monday, July 19, 2010

MONDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED SEVENTEEN

.
Good Morning.
.
When I retired last night around 10 p.m.I had almost made up my mimd, no blog on this monday morning. But when I came in this little office this morning the tempetion was to great. I did have a few little dissapointments yesterday as we all do, that left me feeling a lillle down and out.
.
After I read my morning mail I did feel better, a reader telling me how much this blog had meant to her over the years. It remimded her of her father who loved to grow tomatoes, well I thought maybe things are not so bad, I beleive that for right now I am doing my best to say that my mood is Happy.
.

Shooting My Universe
.
I could use some of that Sumatra X bold Starbucks right now, and it is perking, can't you smell it , I must tell you this a few days ago I thought that I would try another brand of coffee which was much cheaper, but no way, I could not drink it, to bitter. DAD.
.
My plans for this day are not so shure yet. I am a little behind in gathering ripe tomatoes so I may plan on doing that this morning, on these hard monday morning we need something easy and what job is easier than that. SMILE.
.
Sara's Dog Training .
.
Sara can't you see that I am having a hard time smiling this morning, please let me come and see Misty and Oreo right now. Thank.
.
Here is my thought for today.
.
" And e'en though dissapointments come they too are best for me. To wean me from this changing world, and lead me neare Thee. "
.
This is taken from one of our hymns, which I love to sing. Dad.
.
/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920 .
.
Today weather report...7/19/19.
Scattered thunderstorms possible. Humid. High 31C. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Variable clouds with thunderstorms, especially this morning. Humid. High 88F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
Dad'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3
.

Tomato Garden Web Page
This is the page for you to read. As you know my main purpose in writing this journal has been to help you in producing a good home grown tomato. If you will read this page all the way to the end you will find lots of help
.
Dad's Tomato Problem Solver Site. I think that you will enjoy this, DAD.
.

Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
LEARN BIRD SONGS
.
This is all for today, if I am spared I hope to come again on Tuesday. Lets all try to be kind to all men today.
.
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

10 comments:

Sara said...

DAD,
I hope the new silly photos of Oreo playing help you smile this morning. Oreo and Misty always make me smile first thing in the morning, so I'm glad they can help you out too, especialy on days when you're not feeling so good.

Take it easy today, and let us send you the smiles.

~Sara

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I am glad to see that you did decide to make an entry today. My start to the day would not be the same if I didn't see your post here. You are appreciated and thought you should know that! I hope your Monday is a great one!

Dar said...

We all have them, these up and down days. My prayers are with you, to have an UP day while you pick your wonderful, plump, juicy tomatoes. A tomato sandwich for lunch will help. There is nothing finer than swallowing a ray of sunshine.

Have a Great Week and
BlessYourSweetHeartDad

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray,
Your blog always is an encouragement to me and your life an inspiration. I am very proud of my uncle, his blog, and his wonderful tomato garden. Remember we love you! Your niece, Karen

Mandy said...

I'm glad you wrote in your blog today, just like every day! Alex and I love you and Aunt Mary very much and hope that you have a good day today. I am enjoying the tomatoes my three roma plants are producing. We have canned tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes for use this winter.

Big SMILES,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

I too am glad you decided to put a smile on your face, even though it was very difficult, after a disappointing day. Remember, the world always looks brighter from behind a smile. This is why so many of us come to visit you each morning, you brighten our world. And you also know how to serve a great cup of coffee...x-bold.

Extra Hugs and Smiles to you. ..Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear DAD,Sometimes we do too much, think too much, see too much, or hear too much and it makes us tired.  I am proud of you that you got yourself to your desk and computer this morning. There are so many of us who start our days with a visit and a cup of coffee with you. You are making a difference. With that said, I can send you a smile. I hope, for lunch, you were able to eat some "rays of sunshine" as Dar suggested. Be thankful for small pleasures. Aloha, Sara's aunt

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince!:

Sara's aunt is so right, isn't she? Dad, your thoughts could have been mine; but it is good that we lug ourselves to our machines and check in with the world, because we have a lot of folks out here who love us! ;) You have, let's see, at least 15,165 at last count ;)

I think Prince will bring you lots of smiles if you hold him on your lap and pet him. His PURRS are healing and he is so cute and sweet, you can't help but feel so much better, can you? Love to you all from Jamaka and fams, with hopes and prayers for better days to come, and gratefulness for all our many blessings we DO have...love your thought for the day, too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad I thank you each day that I read your blog. I too love to grow tomatoes as you know and at 64 I think maybe I am getting to old for another year of hard work, then I think of Dad at 95 still growing tomatoes and I plant another year. Thank thank you for the inspriation you are to all that read your blog each day.
Boyd

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad, just getting to your blog and it's almost tomorrow. You'll be up in a few hours brewing your coffee. I don't comment often, but have also enjoyed your blog for many years..... I've enjoyed your advice on tomatoe growing. This year (I'm in New England) I planted late. My plants are just starting to flower, hoping I'll get some tomatoes by mid-August.

Have a great Tuesday!!

Michelle aka s0ngbird1962@aol.com