Saturday, July 17, 2010

SATURDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED SIXTEEN

.....
Good Morning
.
The first thing that I will tell you is that my Mood is Happy. I feel real good this morning after a good nights rest and I am ready to face the unknown future with the help of the one who know and cares. And God is giving us all another clean sheet what a Wonderful Father we have so much love and mercy comes from him each day.
.
I told you yesterday about frying those green tomatoes and okra, well I am going to do that again for our Sunday meal. We don't know yet if we will have guest for lunch, but if we do almost everyone loves green fried tomatoes and okra. .
.
Here is my thought for today.
.
'' Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
Sara's Dog Training.
..
Sara I appreciate all the nice things that you said about me in your blog yesterday. I know that this is Saturday but I wonder if Misty and Oreo would have time to let me just look at them . I am going to try after daylight arrives. Dad.
.
I enjoyed watching the humming birds yesterday afternoon, we have more of them than usual this year, I am trying to keep plenty of food for them. I make my own 2 cups sugar and 4 cups water.
.
LEARN BIRD SONGS
.

Here are my 3 Cams below supposed to be up and on the job.
.
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 1
DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 2
Dad'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM # 3.
.
DADS Tomato Garden Web Page This is the page for you to read. As you know my main purpose in writing this journal has been to help you in producing a good home grown tomato. If you will read this page all the way to the end you will find lots of help.
.
Dad's Tomato Problem Solver Site. I think that you will enjoy this, DAD
..

/todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920 .
.
Today weather 7/17/1o
Scattered thunderstorms possible. Humid. High 27C. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Mixed clouds and sun with scattered thunderstorms. Humid. High 82F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%
.
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here

.
This is as you know Saturday, I do not write a blog on Sunday, But I do hope if all is well to be here Monday morning. Mary and I always have about the same plans, for Sunday. doing something that is a lot more important than blogs.
.
I wish that you could share our lunch with us " Fried green tomatoes. "
.
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved


7 comments:

Becky said...

Hi, Dad, I really did enjoy yesterday's journal post and also todays, seeing your beautiful tomatoes, hearing about you frying them up-- makes me SMILE! A good home fried tomato would taste awfully good right about now.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you are happy this Saturday and are enjoying those tomatoes too. It looks like you are going to be cooler there that we are here for a change. I don't think we'll be getting any rain till tomorrow so maybe that is why.

Sara said...

Watching hummingbirds is so much fun! I'm glad to hear you have more than usual this year. I'm still waiting to spot my first one on my red monarda plants.

Time to go out and check my tomato plants to see if I have any more red ones! Then, I'll throw Oreo's ball for him before it starts to get too hot.

Enjoy your day, and I'm sure your guest will love your fried green tomatoes tomorrow!

Karen A. Cooke said...

Hi Uncle Ray,
Wish we could share your lunch with you - sounds delicious! We have 2 hummingbird feeders and are enjoying them so much. It seems like they are always around fighting over a spot on the feeder. Do you have any trouble with ants getting into your feeders? We do and have tried all types of suggestions. Do you have any ideas we might try? Have a great Saturday and enjoy your meeting and lunch tomorrow. Love to you and Mary,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

Your HAPPY mood seems to have put everyone else in a HAPPY mood. See how much you help us all without even knowing. I wish I were one of your guest tomorrow because I sure do like fried green tomatoes.

I am trying to keep my guest busy with day trips but today we will stay close to home since it is quite hot. We did have coffee out on the patio this morning and saw lots of cardinals and I thought of your bird bath and wondered where these go for food and cooling off. They need to find a habitat like yours. Tonight the guys will go to a baseball game and the girls will go to see the play On Golden Pond. My sister brought some Polish Food to our house and we'll be enjoying that before the evening events.

Love to you and Mary and Prince. Relax today so you enjoy tomorrow's meeting and guests.
...Sara's Mom

Ally Lifewithally said...

Dear Dad I am always happy to know your mode todat is a HAPPY MODE ~ Have a Blessed weekend ~ Ally x

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and Prince!:

Nice to see you have cooler weather and maybe rain today; if I was in the neighborhood I would love to invite myself to enjoy some of your wonderful fried green tomatoes and okra, with coffee -- but alas, we are over here on the opposite coast, sweltering. I like your recipe for hummingbird nectar -- as soon as I finish the commercial brand I plan to try that. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and sending love to you all, with special PURRS for Prince from Jamaka and fams