Thursday, July 22, 2010

THURSDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED TWENTY

.

Good Morning.

We have been spared to another new day and another one of those clean sheets that I think and talk so much about. It is a serious matter and I do need to be careful how I spend my time today.

We had a very good day yesterday, lots of showers durning the day which kept me inside, and I do like a few days like that it helps me get some inside work up to date and slip in a little nap.

My tomatoes are doing very good they are ripening so fast, and I am haveing the pleasure of sharing a few of them with my friends.

.

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3.

.These 3 outside cams are always in my edited side panel, and I try to have them all working, they are a great part of my tomato growing information.

A good cup of that Sumatra X bold coffe would taste good right now and I know that itis ready by that good oder I am getting from the kitchen, here I go I know that you come with me if it was possible. DAD


This is an 'opt-in' email alert from NeoWORX.net. Congratulations! You just had your first visitor from Oman.

Visit Oman on Wikipedia Change my alert settings.

.

Sara I am sorry that I am late this morning, but I have not forgot you, Misty or Oreo. You always start mt day. I know where to go for a smile.Sara's Dog Training blog. Thanks for all you do Sara. DAD.


Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
LEARN BIRD SONGS

Here is a link to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code

.todays/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920 .

Today.. 7/22/10.
Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Humid. High 33C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.
Partly to mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Humid. Heat index near 105F. High 92F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

...
Posted on 19 July 2010 by tomatocasual.com

Smoked Tomato Barbecue Sauce
Tags: ,

..
By David Harbilas
In my last post I noted how smoking tomatoes lends a barbecue flavor, so why not enhance a regular barbecue sauce with smoked tomatoes?
This is essentially a regular, coffee-based barbecue sauce with the addition of pureed smoked tomatoes.
Some of the sweeteners, like molasses, have been omitted, as the tomatoes will take care of that. But slow simmering always improves a barbecue sauce
Makes about ½ gallon
6 cups tomato ketchup
1 cup strong brewed coffee
1 onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon dried ginger
1 tablespoon ground coriander
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard Read the rest of this entry »

...
Related Posts
Recipe: Amatriciana Sauce
Reader Question: Freezing Tomato Sauce
Grilled Lamb chops with Smoked Tomato-Eggplant Relish
Email This Post

...

Her is my thought for today it has to come from our wednesday night bible stydy Johd 15 verse 12.

." This is my commandment that you love one another as I have loved you,"

.Tomato Garden Web Page This is the page for you to read. As you know my main purpose in writing this journal has been to help you in producing a good home grown tomato. If you will read this page all the way to the end you will find lots of help.There is some help on blight , end rot and other diseases.

Dad's Tomato Problem Solver Site. I think that you will enjoy this, DAD.

I must stop all this jabbering and get down to business I am feelin good and I beleive that I might earn my keeps today, I don'e eat very much, just a lot of tomatoes.

I do want to talk to you again in the morning. Now we don't want to forget that clean sheet today, be very careful with it, keep it as clean as possible.

BYE BYE DAD

Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved.

5 comments:

Becky said...

"I don't eat very much, just a lot of tomatoes." That made me laugh out loud and put a big smile on my face. Hope you find things to smile about today, too, Dad, and enjoy another wonderful day of life (and homegrown tomatoes!)

Sara said...

DAD,
Boy, maybe eating lots of tomatoes is the key to a good, long life?

I'm a bit late arriving here myself. Guess we're all getting a late start this morning. Oreo is dropping his ball at my feet as I type this. He knows the temperature has cooled, much better playing weather.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

Your mood even sounds good this morning and so does your thought for the day. Too bad your weather is not. Just as I wish I could be there eating one of your tomato sandwiches, I wish I could bring my weather along. Here we have a very nice breeze blowing through the open windows. A good morning for sipping a cup or two of sumatra coffee while sitting outdoors under a tree. If I had any tomatoes to pick, I'd be out there picking.

I may have to put on another pot of coffee just so I can make that BBQ sauce with coffee. I plan to put some pork into the crock pot and make a batch of pulled pork. Then, top it with some of the smokey flavored BBQ sauce you posted.

Keep smiling and enjoying those tomato sandwiches. ...Sara's Mom

Ally Lifewithally said...

Good afternoon Dad just calling in to say hello and checking all is well you and Mary ~ hope your day is a good one ~ Ally x

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince!:

Add me to the list of BBQ Sauce Recipe fans, Dad -- I think I'd use fresh tomatoes as I don't care for ketchup, but other than that, the recipe sounds amazing! Hoping you, Ms. Mary, and the sweet, handsome little Prince are enjoying your afternoon. Your formula for a good life sounds like a winner ('eat mostly tomatoes')! Love to you all from Jamaka and fams