Friday, July 29, 2011

DADS FRIDAYS ENTRY THREE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED FORTY TWO

Good Morning.

This week is passing quickly and I feel that we have finished a few long standing  jobs. Our contractor completed the painting job yesterday and we are glad. DAD.

I am going to proceed with care again this morning again as I do not want to get in any trouble again, it can slip upon you so quickly, I am not planning to do very much today. My golf cart is acting up so I may take it to the shop for new batteries, and when you talk about batteries you are talking about lots of money, but without my golf cart I would have to give up.

We need to look at the weather report for 37920 and see what is ahead for us.

Today

Isolated thunderstorms. Hot and humid. High 33C. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Becoming partly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms developing during the afternoon. Hot and humid. High 93F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. 40% chance of rain.

I think that I smell coffee perking and I am in need of a cup, what about you ?  I so wish that all of us coffee  drinkers could sit down together this morning and enjoy our coffee it would taste so much better. You know that might happen just think about what has happened in the last 50 years ( We went to the moon )   Ha Ha just joking. DAD

These are really cute............

Children Are Quick: JOAN SENT THIS TO dad

____________________________________

TEACHER: Why are you late?

STUDENT: Class started before I got here.

--------------------------------------------------------

TEACHER: Maria, go to the map and find North America ..

MARIA: Here it is.

TEACHER: Correct. Now class, who discovered America ?

CLASS: Maria.

____________________________________

TEACHER: John, why are you doing your math multiplication on the floor?

JOHN: You told me to do it without using tables.

__________________________________________

TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'

GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'

TEACHER: No, that's wrong

GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

____________________________________________

TEACHER: Donald, what is the chemical formula for water?

DONALD: H I J K L M N O.

TEACHER: What are you talking about?

DONALD: Yesterday you said it's H to O.

__________________________________

TEACHER: Winnie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.

WINNIE: Me!

__________________________________________

TEACHER: Glen, why do you always get so dirty?

GLEN: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

_______________________________________

TEACHER: Millie, give me a sentence starting with ' I. '

MILLIE: I is...

TEACHER: No, Millie..... Always say, 'I am.'

MILLIE: All right... 'I am the ninth letter of the alphabet.'

________________________________

TEACHER: George Washington not only chopped down his father's cherry tree, but also admitted it. Now, Louie, do you know why his father didn't punish him?

LOUIS: Because George still had the axe in his hand.....

______________________________________

TEACHER: Now, Simon , tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?

SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mom is a good cook.

______________________________

TEACHER: Lye , your composition on 'My Dog' is exactly the same as your brother's.. Did you copy his?

CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.

_________________________________

TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?

HAROLD: A teacher

  • Glen in Austraila
  • Great Smokey Mountains Web Cam
  • It Ain' Easy Being Green
  • Jennifer White
  • John White
  • Knoxville News-Sentinel
  • Learn Bird Songs
  • My Everyday Life
  • Record Relics
  • Redoes
  • Sara's Dog Training
  • Shooting My Universe
  • Trucks
  • Tennessee Granddaddy
  • Tomato Casual
  • Urban Garden Casual
  • Weather
  • I should have stopped about an hour ago, it is against all human reasoning to say all that I have today, forgive me and I will try to do better. Look at the side panel if you need anything else,

    " Love every body "

    BYE     BYE     DAD

  • 4 comments:

    I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

    I hope your Friday is a fantastic one and that you can get the golf cart fixed too. It's hot and humid here too. Take good care!

    Sara said...

    Happy Friday!

    Jeff was doing some painting around here yesterday. Hopefully the rain holds off a bit so it can fully dry. Trying to get any odd and ends fixed up at this house before we move.

    Hope you get your golf cart back in working order. Jeff was looking at riding lawn mowers yesterday. He found one that he thinks I can drive, thought I could attach a cart to help me garden. I can't picture myself driving it, but maybe I will!

    Anonymous said...

    Good Morning DAD...

    That hot weather is back and that means more watering of my veggies in the backyard. I think I will pick 2 tomatoes today and the cukes are beginning to grow. I'll be away for 5 days next week and hope to be able to pick a few when I get home.

    So glad your painting is done. Now it will have time to dry and age before the winter weather attacks it.

    I'll spend some of today packing and looking for my very old beachwear. It will be hot next week in southern NJ so I will be taking the grands to the lake most days. I normally don't don a bathing suit but I better wear one to the lake just in case I have to go into the water to rescue boys or toys.

    Hope you got out early to get your golf cart the service it needs. With today's heat and rain it will be a good day to stay indoors while the cart is being serviced. There will be nice days ahead to be out riding it to your gardens or to your neighbors. Today, I see you enjoying an ice coffee, a light magazine, a juicy tomato sandwich lunch, and a gentle cat at your side. AH! It sounds delightful.

    ...Sara's Mom

    jmuhj said...

    Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet colorful Prince:

    Love the jokes -- thanks for sharing!

    Oh, I'm so glad you got your work finished at last, Dad! Hope it looks great and that your house is all "ship-shape" once again. Now for your golf cart, yes? It's always something needing to be done, isn't it? But today is Friday, and a good day to relax and stay cool indoors, sipping iced coffee and taking a nap with Prince by your side ;) Wishing you all a good afternoon/evening, with love and PURRS from Jamaka and fams <3