Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TUESDAYS ENTRY TWO THOSAND TWO HUNDRED FIFTY

Special: When it gets daylight here at Dad's watch the rain fall. On Cam # 3. DAD.
....
" Take up thy cross the Saviour said, if thou would my Disciple be"

Good Morning.

I am surprised this morning, I don't know what to think. I don't have anything to complain about, and you know that it is hard for me to talk without something being wrong. Well you know yesterday morning I was so worried, I had plans and the rain was on the way, well listen to this, the rain did not come and we had the most beautiful day that we have had in a long time, and if you will look at Cam # 2 you will get an idea of what things are going to look like. I am ready to get those plants in the ground around April 15 if the frost scare is over. Burpee will not ship plants until they are sure that the time is safe.

Weather
Today ..3/15/11
Cloudy with rain. Thunder possible. High 15C. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around 1/2 inch.
A steady rain early...then remaining cloudy with a few showers. Thunder possible. High 59F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

....
This rain predicted above does not bother me today, The work that I am doing will be mostly inside, Now can you see why I am in a happy mood, and feeling more like that we are going to have the best tomato season ever. DAD.



Eagle Web Cam.. The eagles have hatched, they were beautiful yesterday and should be this morning. Watch them feed their babies.

WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE .. Let.s go see. DAD

We must not forget Sara and Oreo, how could we ever when they both have done so much to make us Smile, I am glad that Sara lets us look in on them any time that we want to at this Sara's Dog Training blog, And we have never been disappointed, DAD

....
Ecobirder

Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
Jennifer White's Blog
John White's Blog
LEARN BIRD SONGS
Let's Live and Learn Together
Sara's Dog Training
Shooting My Universe
Tennessee Granddaddy
Tomato Casual
Weather

. RECORD RELICS I think that you will like this link , click and view. Dad

Don't forget me , Old Dad may go to sleep. but I will be here day and night to help you Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page I am always anxious to help you produce good Tomatoes, and Smiles.
© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com

It is time for me to go, the sun will soon be coming up over the chicken house and I need to be out there.
....
I do want to mention before I leave, we have been talking so much about " Beginning The Day With God". That has been in my thoughts a lot the last few days, Let's try to remember how important that is.

I hope to see you in the morning at the coffee pot, where we have That Sumatra x bold ready and waiting on you.
....
BYE BYE DAD
© 2011 all rights reserved ... Dad's Tomato Garden Journal. Com

5 comments:

Sara said...

You've been getting a lot of rain lately.

I finally can see some daffodils starting to make their way toward the sun...they are about 1 inch out of the ground. After this winter, I think many of us feel like we are stuck underground, inching our way to spring.

Supposed to be in the 5o's by the end of the week! Hopefully that will melt the ice in the yard, so Oreo can play ball again.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so glad you had a great day yesterday. The weather does play an important part in what we do. It will be the end of May here before we are guaranteed no frosts. I hope your Tuesday is a terrific one.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

What a treat I just had! While you were out at the chicken house, I got to see Mama Eagle feeding her first baby on the eagle cam. It must be a warm day in Norfolk because both Mama and Baby were taking their time, enjoying the food and each other.

It looks like your early morning rain came and now the ground and roads look very wet and a squirrel was happy to find food in one of your hanging feeders. (How does he get up there???) Since I can't send our sunshine to you, perhaps I need to send another Irish Blessing that seems perfect for my favorite tomato grower.

May the rains sweep gentle across your fields,
May the sun warm the land,
May every good seed you have planted bear fruit,
And late summer find you standing in fields of plenty.

Be sure to take a few coffee breaks throughout your indoor work day. Don't go climbing any ladders. Be safe and have a good day.

...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Have sowed 144 peat pots with morrion tomato seeds. I am now retire so I am hoping that I will have more time to do a better job of growing a good crop of those wonderful fruits. I usually plant tomato plan in the first week of May. I know that is later than you but have found if the soil temp isn't warm enough my plant just don't grow. You wouldn't believe how many people I have seen on a warm weekend planting tomatoes and pepers in the middle of March. In upper South Carolina week have frost right up to the end of March some years. I am looking forward to the pix of you tomatoes again this year.
Boyd

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet sunny Prince Charming:
Hoping your day has been as good as you thought it would be -- and yes, it is going to be the best year yet for growing things, I think so too! We have had a lot of rain here as well, and everything is beautiful.

Thank you for your email, Ms. Mary -- I am grateful and I ask everyone to continue their prayers for the people and the cats and other animals of Japan. <3

I just checked in on the eagles, and though it is dark there now, I could see the parent bird's white feathers as his/her head moved.

Love to you all, and purrs from us to the Prince! from Jamaka and fams <3