Saturday, December 13, 2008

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED AND FOUR.


GOOD MORNING .

"Time is so precious-do not waste it."

..

© 2008 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal... All Rights Reserved

..

The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal

..We got the report of Jim's procedure yesterday evening,but was too late to put it in yesterday's Journal. The doctor said that one artery was 95% blocked, so they put in a stent. The other stents he had put in several years ago were still OK.


Thanks to all of you for your interest and concern.

I got to talk to Jim last night. He will be coming home sometime today. I did not ask him about a blog for today, but I hardly think that he will have one. I think that I will go to his last blog that he made before he went to the hospital and give him a welcome home. Dad.

The two day rain that we have had here in the Tennessee Valley has ended, I did not get the amount of rain that fell, but I am sure that it would have been near 4 inches. It will be good to see the sun again. It is cool here this morning 26 at 3 a.m.

Now tell me how you are doing, before you answer remember that this is Saturday. Many of you do not have to work, so pull that cover up over your head an rest just as long as you can. The Tea and Coffee is ready and we will make fresh pots as we need it today.

If we do have to work let's go get'em. We can do it and do it with a Smile and a song in our heart. Let others know today that you are happy.

I want to give a welcome to Lynne and her grandmother this morning, Lynne tells me that she shares my blog with her each morning, and that her grandmother is 97 years old. I hope that you both have a pleasant and quiet weekend, and that I will see you again Monday morning. DAD...

I was a little late in getting this below in my blog yesterday morning, so I am running it again. I feel like I need to read it for myself. DAD...

I do not know who wrote the thoughts below, but I would like to give credit to whoever did.


LORD PROP US UP...


Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old fellow who always prayed, 'Lord, prop us up on our leanin' side.' After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently.He answered, 'Well sir, you see, it's like this... I got an old barn out back. It's been there a long time; it's withstood a lot of weather; it's gone through a lot of storms, and it's stood for many years.It's still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one side a bit.So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn't fall.Then I got to thinking about that and how much I was like that old barn. I've been around a long time (95+ years ) .I've withstood a lot of life's storms. I've withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I've withstood a lot of hard times, and I'm still standing too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop me up on my leaning side, 'cause I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times. Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn't . So we need to pray, 'Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again, to glorify the Lord. .... ......

I will be showing the link to the Eagles every day m the link is below. DAD...

.
..http://www.wvec.com/news/topstories/stories/wvec_top_121008_eagle_cam.4d7d2c52.html..

'
...Tennessee Granddaddy
..
Jim will not be posting today he is in the hospital. ( see above ) He will be home sometime today.

.

This is a link below that will take you to my friend Glen who lives in Australia. DAD.

.
.Reaching friends across the world. Glen...

.http://localsite1.homestead.com/enter.html

.
I have been trying to see if http://72.150.238.156/index.cgi
can be viewed in other countries, I am not having much luck. My friend Glen says that he cannot view it in Australia, what about you ? Please let me know. View it today if you have the time. DAD ....

This is old Dad talking. I have a question for Google. I hope that some of the blog team will read this and give me an answer. Several week ago I lost my blog, we ask for help in getting it back so far none has come and we are having a hard time in getting any kind of answer. No communication. Please help me if you can. I am enjoying the change to Google very much, it is much easier to use and more to use than we had before. DAD.

Tomato Casual

.
....
Weather .........

.
..You can make this your own local weather by just typing in your zip code.

.
...
The Chicken Chronicles .

.
...
Record Relics ..

.
Why don't you check on Michael and Pamela today ?
....

Well it's high time for me to stop bothering you, this is too long. You know that I will not see you until Monday unless something interesting comes up.

Mary and I have just about the same plans for Sunday as we always do, meeting on Sunday morning and then a quiet evening at home. We do have our Canadian Friends with us for the meeting, and we might have lunch with them at the Chop House.

I better tell you about Princess, she has already been here to see me and she looks so good and happy

See you Monday morning if all is well.

BYE BYE DAD

white6416r@aol.com.

14 comments:

Becky said...

Oh, Dad, I am so happy to hear that Jim is doing well. I'm surprised that they would send him home so soon after such a major procedure, but he can probably rest better at home. It's so hard to get good rest in a hospital... which is strange, since you'd think they would try harder to make it quiet and peaceful.

I'm sure you had a tough day yourself, so I hope you get (or got) some good rest, too. I'll make the coffee for you this morning. (smile)

Love to your family... Becky

Hollie said...

Good Morning Dad,
Thanks for the coffee. I'm off to work today _ so I need it badly. I'm glad that Jim is doing well & was able to share that smile with us even though he's in the hospital...

HUGS:) to you all. Have a great day. I'm off with my "SMILE!"

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It is good to hear that Jim is doing well and may come home today. It is the weekend so I have a ***BIG SMILE*** for you today. Hope your day is a great one. 'On Ya'-ma

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Dad, I'm glad Jim is doing better. I hope he recovers soon and is back home. Doctors can work miracles these days, that's for sure. Have a wonderful weekend.. Linda

egtara said...

Dad, So glad Jim is doing better. I don't make many comments but look forward to reading your blog every day. Take care.

Kelly said...

Good Saturday morning Dad. :) I am indeed happy this morning and have a big smile on my face. My older sister, her two daughters and their boyfriends will be coming to visit this afternoon and stay the night and part of tomorrow. I am glad to hear that Jim has had his procedure with no problems and he is going home soon. That sure is nice of Lynne to read your blog to her grandmother every morning. I am sure it helps her get her mornings started. I know you always help me. :) It may be Saturday, but I have already fed everyone outside and had two cups of coffee. The house is spotless, the sheets on all the beds are fresh for company, everything is ready for my company. We don't get a lot of company out here, so its always special when someone comes for a visit. We had two days of rains also and it is mud city out in the back. I am going to spread some wheat straw down today to try and manage the mud. Well I reckon I have rambled on long enough. I just wanted to stop in and say good morning before I got back on doing what needs doing this morning. You, Mary and Princess have a wonderful Saturday! Love, Kelly

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad, I am glad that Jim is feeling better and will be going home today. Also glad that Princess is doing good. Hello to Lynne and her grandmother. I hope all of you have a great day today, may it be a blessed one.I hope you looked at my blog at the full moon pic I took last night. Hugs to you all, Helen

Linda said...

Good Morning Dad, It is Saturday morning and I did get to sleep in! Today I am going to the Church to help warp presents for the Christmas Store. I hope you enjoy your friends tomorrow and have a great meeting. I am glad to hear that Jim is doing good. Linda

Sheila said...

Good Afternoon Dad, I am glad that Jim is doing well and will get to go home today. You all have a wonderful day...Sheila

Becky said...

Hi Dad, it's Becky again. I will be here at the computer all weekend... have a lot of work to catch up on. You NEVER write "too much" so don't EVER worry about that. I hope you write more today, and keep me company! Let me know how the day is going and whether Jim got home and how he's feeling. It still seems so strange that someone could have a heart surgery and come home the next day.

Hope the rest of your weekend is peaceful and pleasant. I am so thankful that Jim is doing well!

Sandra said...

I'm happy to hear Jim is feeling better.... Hope all goes well for him....and he gets home and is feeling just fine for the holidays. Love and prayers
Sandra

jmuhj said...

A good-morning purr from Princess has just got to make your day, doesn't it, Dad? And add to that the fact that your son is doing well and SMILING, and you've got the ingredients for a good Saturday (or as we say, CATurday) ;)

Yes, 26 is pretty cool, all right. Hope your coffee pot and tea kettle are full! And even your cocoa pan. ;)

Have a good rest of your weekend, and I'll check with you on Monday, bright if not early. Best to you all, and big PURRS to the Princess beauty! ^^

Joann said...

Hi Dad, I'm so glad to see that Jim is doing well!! He even looks sorta happy in that pic... LOL!! What a SMILE!!!

Nancy said...

Hi Dad,
I've been away on vacation. Sorry to hear about Jim...but with a heart as great as his, I'm sure he'll be just fine.
Love you,
Nancy