Friday, September 17, 2010

FRIDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & SEVENTY-NINE

Good Morning
.
The beautiful picture above belongs to Kelly, we will need to ask Kelly to tell u s something about this bird. She is easily reached at
The Chicken Chronicles...Again

The Gift of Friendship

Friendship is a priceless gift
That cannot be bought or sold.
But its value is far greater
Than a mountain made of gold
For gold is cold and lifeless
It can neither see nor hear.
And in the time of trouble
It is powerless to cheer.
It has no ears to listen,
No heart to understand,
It cannot bring you comfort
Or reach out a helping hand
So when you ask God for a gift,
Be thankful if He sends, Not diamonds, pearls or riches,
But the love of real true friends
.
By Helen Steiner Rice
.
Sara you always know what comes next, it's time for coffee and time for me to come visit you, Misty and Oreo at your Sara's Dog Training Blog, the brighest time of the day for me . DAD .
.....
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
DAd's Outdoor Web Cam #3
.....
Here is a link below to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code.....usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920.
.
Today..9/17/10
A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible early. Partly cloudy. High 31C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible early. Partly cloudy skies. High 88F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph
.

I am enjoying this fall weather more than I ever have in all my 97 years, God has been so good to me..
.
Here is one of my thoughts for today.
.
" The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you."
.
By E. B .King. taken from The Knoxvill News Sentinl by Dad,
.
Good evening Ray, I have been often been looking in you jounal and hope you and Mary and other also are doing well there, your conventions coming up again shortly and ours also ours at end of October.

We have been for a trip to our Capital City of Canberrs just recently to have a little time with our grand daughter who is in the mission work in that city this year. You may like to have a look at some of the photos here ...........
http://localsite1.homestead.com/enter.html then hit the link to .............. trip to Canberra Federal Capital

Best with from your friend from "Down Under"

Glen .

.
I am in a Happy mood this morning and I hopeing that you are saying the same, you will have a much better day if you are.
.
I wan't to leave you this link before I go Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page . I have enjoyed being with you for this little visit, and I hope that you will remember my side panel to your right.

I Hope to see you again in the morning, sending love to you.


.
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved




4 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Good morning Dad ~ what a lovely poem to read to start my day ~ Hope this is a good day for you ~ Ally x

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

Ready for a sit down and a cup of coffee, hope you are ready too because that sumatra sure is smelling good! My mood is HAPPY and I am SMILING.

I visited cam #3 and it is ready for some up close views of birds feeding. Since they are up early to eat and I just visited, the feeder was empty. I'll check again later when they need some afternoon treats.

This is a difficult week for some of your friends who care as kindly for their animals. Kelly's pet bird Rayne died quietly and Jumuhj's pet snowshoe cat Seesh is pretty sick and Misty, Sara's sheltie, hasn't fully recovered. These creatures are friends to their owners and you know how much it hurts to have a best friend not feeling well.

One of my in-laws favorite saying was... "The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you". They were referring to schooling but really there is something new to learn everyday and we should take the time to notice or read or listen and learn something new today. Your blog is always a good place to get the mind moving to learn about another country, another animal, another plant, another poem. You are a great teacher, guietly planting the seed and leaving the growing to each of us.

Have a fruitful day! ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary and sweet Prince:

Wishing you safe journeys to your convention and a peaceful, serene, and good weekend. Love, Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

Dear DAD,
Thanks for all the "seeds." I'm sending good energy, prayers, and aloha to Misty and Seech. May they be healthy! Rayne certainly was a proud and glorious rooster. May Kelly's loneliness be lightened by sharing the photos of Rayne whose beauty is awesome. Bye for now, my coffee cup is empty and I am ready to start my day.
Aloha...Sara's aunt