Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WEDNESDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & SEVENTY SEVEN

Good Morning,
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
DAd's Outdoor Web Cam #3
....
Here is a link below to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code.....
usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920.
.
Today..9/15/10
Mainly sunny. Near record high temperatures. High 32C. Winds light and variable.
Mainly sunny. Near record high temperatures. High 91F. Winds light and variable.
.

.
It is way past time for me to go see Sara, Misty and Oreo at Sara's Dog Training blog which I enjoy so much. And I am also feeling the need for a cup of that Sumatrs x bold coffee, its hard to work without it. DAD



Touch of the Master's Hand
,,

Twas battered and scarred, and the auctioneer: Thought it scarcely worth his while
To waste much time on the old violin, But held it up with a smile:
"What am I bidden, good folk," he cried,"Who'll start the bidding for me?" "
A dollar, a dollar"; then "Two!" "Only two?Two dollars, and who'll make it three?
Three dollars, once; three dollars, twice; Going for three -
"But no, From the room, far back, a grayhaired man
Came forward and picked up the bow; Then, wiping the dust from the violin,
And tightening the loose strings,
He played a melody pure and sweet As a caroling angel sings.
The music ceased, and the auctioneer, With a voice that was quiet and low,
Said: "What am I bid for the old violin?" And he held it up with the bow.
"A thousand dollars, and who'll make it two?Two thousand! and who'll make it three
Three thousand, once, three thousand, twice, And going, and gone," said he.
The people cheered, but some of them cried."We do not quite understand,
What changed its worth," Swift came the reply:
"The touch of the master's hand."
And many a man with life out of tune, And battered and scarred with sin,
Is auctioned cheap to the thoughtless crowd, Much like the old violin.
A "mess of pottage," a glass of wine; A game - and he travels on.
He is "going" once, and "going" twice; He's "going" and almost "gone."
But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that's wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

.
Myrna Welch Brooks
.
I hope that I am fining all of you feeling as good as I am this wednesday morning, I have alreay been into that Sumatra x bold coffee and you know what that does to you. My Mood is Very Happy and I feel like that I can face today with a smile .
.
We do have our bible study to night, our sudy is Esther chapters 2 and 3. I am enjoying our study very much.
.
Here is a little thought for today.
,
'' That's all a man can can hope for during lifetime--- to set an example---and when he is dead, to be an inspiration for history ''
.
This was spoken by Willian McKinley, the 25th president of the United States. Taken by Dad from the Knoxville News Sentinel.
.

.I am enjoying this beautiful fall weather so much. it has been the best here in East Tennessee in many years. We want to be more thankful to our heavenly father for all that he sends us. It is a great joy me to sit at my tomato garden and look out at all of nature, a miracle if there was every one.
.

Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
LEARN BIRD SONGS

Sara's Dog Training
Shooting My Universe
.
This is enough for today, I have enjoyed being with you and I hope to be back in the morning. Why don't we do what we should do today, forget ourselves and " Live for Others "
..
Sending love and good wishes to all of you.
.
BYE BYE DAD

Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

7 comments:

Becky said...

Good morning, Dad! I know you probably are not done writing for the morning, but I am off to bed and just wanted to thank you for sharing that lovely poem. How true it is!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD..

I caught your joy and your love and good wishes and I hope I can pass them on to others today.

The weather is wonderful in NY and in TN and our mood is HAPPY, VERY HAPPY. Working outside almost seems like fun with the sun over head and the fresh, crisp air around us. My body ached from all I did yesterday but today I am ready to accomplish more.

In each person there is meaning and value and the poem Touch of the Master's Hand says it in a beautiful way. Thank you for sharing it with us. And thanks for the coffee break...it is always enjoyed. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad! Just stopping by to say hello and take a look around! It has been way too long since I last visited your blog.
I hope you and Mary and doing well. Give each other a hug from me!
With much love,
Vicki in Birmingham

Kelly said...

Hey Dad :) So good to be back and now I need to catch up on your whole summer of gardening and what has been going on with you. I have missed you so much. Its been such a busy summer here. As the days get shorter and the darkness comes earlier I am having more time inside so I have started blogging some again and also visiting other blogs. Tell Mary hello for me. :) Missed you so much! XOXO Kelly

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and handsome Prince!:

Wonderful thoughts and poem you shared with us today, Dad -- very inspirational and moving! I agree with you 100% -- nature is the most wonderful miracle of all, and all that has been made by our Creator should be loved and respected and protected. <3

I'm hoping you have a little coffee left -- I could use some right about now, thanks ;)

Love to you all and hope you continue to love the Autumn weather! Jamaka and fams

Sara said...

DAD,
It is very cool and breezy here today, and the leaves are starting to change colors. I always love this time of year the best!

I think my tomato plants are about done, but that's ok, I'm ready to go out and get some fresh apples!

I hope you have a good meeting tonight.

~Sara

Carlene Noggle said...

Hey Dad...hope you are doing good...Do you evr drink CHOCK FULL O NUTS COFFEE anymore??? I still do and it is SOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!! You got me drinking it when I started reading your journal! Haven't tried the sumtras yet.
love ya,
carlene