Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WEDNESDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND EIGHTY NINE

Good Morning.
.
Life is so precious- do not waste it.
.
I am hopeing to hear good, when I ask you how you are feeling on this wednesday morning at 3 am.. Of course you don't know you are still in that nice soft bed, you are not as crazy as old Dad.
.
But I like this time of the day as you know, it is a good time just to be quiet and sit and count your blessings which are many for all of us.
.
I am thankful that I am feeling much better the last few days and I am happy when I am able to get outside and get involved with my WILDLIFE HABITAT. Our Cam # 3 has been very interesting the last few days many birds there most every day. This is the cam that where I can talk to you if we are bothing watching at the same time, listen for me sometime.

.

Tomato Casual This is always interesting. DAD
.
We all are proud of Oreo that very beautiful and tallented sheltie who belongs to Sara, after I get this Sumatra x bold coffee in the pot we will go by Sara's Dog Trainhing blog and see whats goin on at thir house. Dad .
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1 This Cam. has moved to a new locatinn for a fer days
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3 The birds have been having a good time here look at them today.
..
.Here is a link below to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code.....usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920

.
Today.. 9/29/10
Plenty of sun. High 26C. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunny to partly cloudy. High near 80F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

.
I have not finished but I am going to stop for a little while, Don't go away I will be back it is now 3:55 am. DAD.
.
I am back at work, it is 6:40 am. It is still to dark outside to see very much of what is going on there. Cam # 3 will be on in about 30 minuets and I am expecting an enteresting time there today.
.
2009 by tomatocasual.com
.
Tomato Soup is Splendid
Tags: , ,
.
By Vanessa Richins
.
I don’t ever recall having tomato soup when I was growing up.
I was missing out!
Tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich is a warm and hearty treat for a wintry day, yet still not too heavy for a summer meal.
What’s your favorite kind of tomato soup? I’ve found some lovely recipes to share today. There’s even a recipe for a cake using tomato soup.
Chilled Tomato, Peach and Ginger Soup
This recipe was adapted by the Associated Press from a cookbook called “The Modern Vegetarian” by Maria Elia. I’m a big fan of ginger - it brings a distinctive tang to a dish. It will balance with the sweet of the peach. Since this soup is chilled, it’s especially suited for summer.
Egyptian Tomato Soup
Worth the Whisk has reconstructed a tomato soup that the author ate while in Egypt. It features chili powder, paprika, lime juice and pimientos. I’ve never been to Egypt, so I will sample this soup in the meantime.
Green Tomato Soup
Here’s yet another use for those green tomatoes. I wonder how it tastes with the cinnamon and cloves that are suggested.
Warhol’s Tomato Soup Cake
Feasting on Art has a nice article talking about Warhol and his Soup Can Series of art. At the end, they give a recipe for Tomato Soup Cake, which sounds intriguing. It was described as being similar to a carrot cake, so it’s natural that it was covered with a cream cheese frosting.
.
Related Posts

.
The History of Tomato Soup
Recipe: Tomato Soup
.
It will be cold very soon, October 1 will be here on friday, and cold weather will be with us, and soup time, I love all kinds of soup.
.
The receips that I have above don't seem to be working properly, I will see if I can improve on them.
.
This is all for today, I do hope to see you in the morning.
.
My though for this day.
.
" Many years of life are wasted living for thyself alone."
.
From one of our hymns, permission given to use by R,L Allan Glasgow Scotland.
.

BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved .

6 comments:

Becky said...

We're both crazy, Dad... you get up early and I stay up late. Glad you're feeling a bit more rested, but it's good to take it easy... if you're like me a little excitement goes a long way, and when it's several days of activity, it takes several days to recover. Just enjoy your beautiful yard and God's creatures. You are a good man to help make sure those creatures have food to eat and a safe place to come to.

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joan said...

Good Morning DAD..

I am feeling good and enjoying another delicious cup of Sumatra coffee. I'll be checking out those soup recipes because we will be needing those comfort foods shortly. I can, however, eat a grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes any time...it might be my favorite lunch food.

Steve of Shooting My Universe has been showing photos of the beautiful fall foliage not too far from here. Nature does provide us with so much beauty and it is great to see it captured so nicely and shared with so many.

The birds sure are enjoying your feeder and the nice TN weather. It is warm for fall in upstate NY but nothing like Los Angeles...ouch 113 degrees. Glad I am not there!

Enjoy this sunny day outdoors caring for God's little creatures and than taking time to sit and watch. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince:

Your Wildlife Habitat is a blessing to all, Dad and we thank you for caring so much! ;) Wish we could see it, but we know it has to be beautiful. Looks like your weather is nice today -- ours is, too, especially compared to the 113 degrees of 2 days ago (Sara's Mom is right!;) ) Yes, Steve's photos are gorgeous; I've never been to New England but this is a virtual tour of it on his blog.

Those tomato recipes sound so good, especially the Egyptian one and the one with ginger!

Be well, and love to you all from Jamaka and fams

Anonymous said...

Hi DAD,
My friend just came back from a journey through Egypt. She brought me bags of spices to flavor my meals. I know she will be pleased with the link for Egyptian Tomato Soup that I forwarded to her. You have so many interesting treats up your sleeve. Thank you big for sharing. Aloha, Sara's aunt

Joan said...

Hello DAD...

Just wanted to tell you I had a delicious grilled cheese with local tomatoes on homemade pumpernickel bread for lunch. All because of reading your blog today. OH! It was so, so delicious...wish I could have shared it with you and my sister! ...Sara's Mom