Monday, November 29, 2010

MONDAYS ENTRY TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED THIRTY SIX

" Live for others every day ''.
.
Good Morning.
.
How are you feeling on this Monday morning, it seems so long since I talked to you, but it was only Friday. Any way a lot has happened since then. We did have a nice time at Jim and Beverly's on thanksgiving day, but I was one tired man. I am glad to get back in my slow motion, that's the only way that I can operate.
.
I have missed getting my good Sumatra x bold coffee, not many people were using it that we visited ( My grandson Kevin gave me 2 pounds of Sumatra while we were in Kingsport, he had read what I had said about it.) And most of all I missed my friends Sara, Misty and Oreo, but I know how to get there. Here it is and I am going to click on Sara's Dog Training blog and let Sara bring me up to date.
.
This article below is a little long , but if will save even one life it is worth it. DAD
....

They say if you e.mail this to ten people, you stand a chance of saving one life. Will you send this along?
...
Blood Clots/Stroke -

..
They Now Have a Fourth Indicator, the Tongue
I will continue to forward this every time it comes around!STROKE: Remember the 1st Three Letters..... S. T. R. STROKE IDENTIFICATION:

.
During a BBQ, a woman stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) ....she said she had just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes.They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food. While she appeared a bit shaken up, Jane went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.Jane's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00 pm Jane passed away.)
.
She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ. Had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke, perhaps Jane would be with us today. Some don't die. They end up in a helpless, hopeless condition instead.

.It only takes a minute to read this.A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed, and then getting the patient medically cared for within 3 hours, which is tough.
.
RECOGNIZING A STROKE Thank God for the sense to remember the '3' steps, STR. Read and Learn!Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:
.
*Ask the individual to SMILE.T *Ask the person to TALK and SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently)(i.e. It is sunny out today.)R *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.If he or she has trouble with ANY ONE of these tasks, call emergency number immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatcher.New Sign of a Stroke -------- Stick out Your Tongue
.
NOTE: Another 'sign' of a stroke is this: Ask the person to 'stick' out his tongue. If the tongue is 'crooked', if it goes to one side or the other that is also an indication of a stroke.
.
A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this e-mail sends it to 10 people; you can bet that at least one life will be saved. '
..
I have done my part. Will you?

.
The Chicken Chronicles...Again.
WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE.
Wishing For My Turn.
.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3

I hope that you can enjoy the 3 Cam. above today.

.
Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page
.
If you are interested in producing something beautiful, and that make others smile just read this above to the very end of the page. DAD.
.
Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
LEARN BIRD SONGS

.
Let's Live and Learn Together
Sara's Dog Training
Shooting My Universe
Starbucks Coffee
Tennessee Granddaddy

.
There's No Place Like Home
Tomato Casual
Weather

.
I think that it is about time to stop, but as usual I will be hanging around pretty close all day for any updates that might come.
.

My Southern Home This is an interesting blog. DAD
( Invited readrs only ??? )
.
I did not tell you that my mood is Happy, and I am ready to start another 5 days of work, I really do like my new schedule. Now I wish all of my friends to know that I love them and wish them the best until I see you in the morning.
.
" Change and decay in all around I see. O Thou who changes not abide with me."
.

BYE BYE DAD
© 2010 all rights reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

I am smiling as I hold a hot cup of sumatra and visit with you. I stopped by over the weekend to enjoy your family photo and your CAMS. Like you, I am in a good mood, looking forward to a quiet day today after a very busy week. Most of the leftovers are gone, thanks to some company yesterday and that is a good thing. The freezer still holds several slices of pie and cake to enjoy when the sweet tooth acts up.

I hope I never need to use those STR instructions but what a good thing to know and to pass along to others.

Relax and enjoy a quiet Monday. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince!:

Very glad to read that your holiday was a good one - and now you can relax with Prince and stay warm at home :)

Your friend Steve has a GORGEOUS sunset photo up on his blog today - hope everyone enjoys that one, I know I did!

Have an extra cup of Sumatra for me, and love to you all -- with extra rumbly purrs for sweet Prince -- from Jamaka and fams <3