Saturday, November 13, 2010

SATURDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED TWENTY FIVE

 " BEGIN THE DAY WITH GOD"
.
Good Morning.
...
I did not intend to publish this journal today, I have been encouraged by some of my readers and my family to stop. I have been writing this for over 7 years, but I am going to let this be my last one for a while on Saturday. I will still have 5 journals each week as usual

This is going to give me some time to relax and enjoy thinking about how good God has been too me
.
Mary and I have a few plans, East Tenn is a very historic region, The Civil war and many more. we plan to travel to every interesting spot that we can find and bring it to you in picture and story, and when we have finished here move out to other spots.
.
And we want to tell you that we feel that we have the very best Doctors and that Vanderbilt is the very best . And we do trust them in telling us what they have found.And we are going to do what they tell us and be happy, we do have so much to be thankful for, and we do want to keep in the will of God, and never question what comes our way. Mary and Dad.
.
.This below was sent to me this morning by my friend Jay.
.


THE CHOSEN VESSEL The Master was searching for a vessel to use; On the shelf there were many – which one would he choose? “Take me,” cried the gold one, “I’m shiny and bright; I’m of great value and I do things just right. My beauty and lustre will outshine the rest And for Someone like You, Master, gold would be best!” The Master passed on with no word at all; He looked at the silver urn, narrow and tall. “I’ll serve you, dear Master; I’ll pour out your wine, And I’ll be at your table whenever you dine. My lines are so graceful, my carvings so true, And silver will always compliment you.” Unheeding, the Master passed on to the brass.
It was wide mouthed and shallow, and polished like glass.
“Here! Here!” cried the vessel, “I know I will do. Place me on your table for all men to view.” “Look at me,” called the goblet of crystal so clear. “My transparency shows my contents so clear.
Though fragile am I, I will serve you with pride, And I’m sure I’ll be happy in your house to abide.” The Master came next to a vessel of wood. Polished and carved, it solidly stood. “You may use me, dear Master,” the wooden bowl said, “But I’d rather you used me for fruit – please, no bread!” Then the Master looked down and saw a vessel of clay

Empty and broken it helplessly lay. No hope had that vessel that the Master might choose To mend and cleanse – make it all His to use.
.
.
To visit Misty and Oreo Click here!
.
.
RECORD RELICS. Here is a link that you will enjoy.
.
.
Ecobirder
Glen in Australia
Great Smoky Mountains Web Cam
It Ain't Easy Bein' Green
LEARN BIRD SONGS
Let's Live and Learn Together

Shooting My Universe

Starbucks Coffee
Tennessee Granddaddy
There's No Place Like Home
Tomato Casual
.....
I think that I have said enough, if all goes well I will see you Monday morning, maybe not at 3 am. but sometime before noon.

.
" Nothing matters but Salvation, in this world or that to come"
.
BYE BYE DAD

7 comments:

Sara said...

I think giving yourself a weekend break is a great idea Dad!

It was nice hearing from Mary yesterday. I'm glad that she likes her doctors, and that they continue to look for ways to help her.

Enjoy your weekend, and we'll see you on Monday.

~Sara

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

This morning you began your blog with God and you ended it with God. I think God is telling you it is time to slow down a little bit. Most bloggers do not write as often as you. If you decide to only write occasionally that would be okay, we would still stop by to check in and visit your sidebars. Mary is listening to her team of doctors and you should listen to those who know you and encourage you to lighten your daily work. Sleeping later and not writing a daily blog will give you the time and energy to travel about TN and show us your beautiful state ... like Steve shows of his Cape Ann. I look forward to this new adventure of yours.

Enjoy your weekend. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Ray, thanks for printing that poem. It was sent to me from Dave & Suzy, up around Crossville way. I enjoyed it to & oh so true. I appreciated the last part of the poem, where it spoke of choosing the clay, the broken & weakest of all. So that he could mold & shape it to his satisfaction. Grateful for this in my own life. Glad to hear Mary is doing okay & you as well. How's Prince doing? I'm sure he's a big help in getting your blog wrote each morning.LOL Was very sorrowful to hear of James passing. When I saw him at Convention, I told myself that we probably wouldn't see him there next. Give Elizabeth my condonisences when you see or talk to her again. Love & miss all of you down there. Glad for the hope & faith, peace & comfort, we have in him. You folks take care & hope to maybe see you soon. I'm coming down to check on my daughter & to bring my niece to pick her car up at Rick's. Jay

Sheila said...

Dear Dad and Mary, Praying for the best for both of you. Look forward to seeing photos of your travels. You live in a beautiful state. Take care, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Dear DAD,
We have some wonderful stories and photos to look forward to. I think it will be a wonderful for you and Mary to make trips to the many sites in Tennessee. I love your photos of the Smokey Mts, so I know you will continue to share the best of the state with us. If you don't pack picnic lunches, perhaps you will tell us about the unique places you stop to eat. I imagine that each town has it speciality. You will come home from each trip with your pockets filled with good memories and a long list of new friends.
Blessings on you both. Aloha, Sara's aunt.

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince:

You have some wonderful friends, and Sara's mom is right, isn't she? ;) You've certainly earned the right to relax on the weekend and Prince would surely enjoy some extra lap-time >^^< I know we always look forward to that around here and Baby Su is making sure I don't misspell anything right now ;)

Your friend Steve has some beautiful photos posted today, and we all look forward to seeing some of your area, as well!

Love to you all, and PURRS to the sweet marmalade Prince from Jamaka and fams

Becky said...

Dad, I think all of us that have come to know you would agree that what would make us happy is for you and Mary to be happy and ENJOY life! You are so right... there is so much beauty in the world. You live in a part of the country I have always wanted to see, and now, thanks to you, I will be able to see it up close and personal through your eyes and Mary's eyes. Joan is right, most people do not post blog entries every day like you do, but just post every now and then. If it stops being fun for you, let it go! (as long as you come by and say hello every now and then so we don't miss you too much!)

As I am writing this, my cat Ben (who looks just like Prince) is running around the house like he's crazy! Does Prince ever do that?

Love to you and Mary and enjoy the weekend!