Thursday, January 15, 2009

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY-TWO


. Better Boy tomatoes--Picture by Mary.

Good Morning.

..
"Time is so precious-do not waste it."
.
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved. ..
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal .
.
.And my mood is Happy and I AM SMILING.
.
I hope all is well with my friends all around the world. I am feeling good and am very thankful for another day of life. We had lots of beautiful snshine yesterday but it was cold. The morning started out with a low of 21.
.

Here this thursday morning it is starting off at 33 at 3 A.M. but the prediction does not look good, it is suppose to be 6 tonight, I hope that this is a misprint. That is too cold for this old man.

..

( When I began to write at 3 A.M this morning the tempeature was 33, and now at 8 A.M. it has droped to 21.)

..

Yesterday afternoon I was watching DAD'S OUTDOOR WEB CAM and the wind was blowing hard, to see the flag in the wind was a beautiful sight, if there is any wind today I hope that you will have tine to look at it. DAD

..

I have some good coffee perking and the tea kettle is boiling, I know that it is way too early to offer you a cup, but when the times comes get yourself in here. Everything will be waiting on you, and I would like to have time to visit with you. But you better come in smiling, you know that I do not like frowns or complaining.

.

If you have the time I would like for you to click on the link that will show you where our visitors are comming from, it is interesting. , it is in the side panel to your right. Dad.....

.


Dad's Fried Green Tomatoes Web Page ..

Dad's Tomato Garden Web Page .
....

http://sites.google.com/site/dadssongbirdandrosegarden/Home .
....
http://sites.google.com/site/dadsmemoirsandthoughts .
....
These four web pages above are edited daily and will give you a lot of good reading. Keep you up to date with what is going on in the tomato patch.

.
I forgot to mention the side panel, it's on the right side, there is a lot of interesting things there for you to see.

.

Here is my thought for today.

" Begin the day with God, Kneel down to Him in prayer; Lift up your heart to His abode, And seek His love to share."

One of our hymns that we sing and enjoy often, And I would like to do more than just sing it, I hope that I will feel the need of doing it. I want to give credit to R.L. Allan & son for giving me permission to use it. DAD.

Mary and I do not have very much planned for today, it is a little too cold for me to do very much outside.

But we do have plans for tonight two of our preachers are having meetings in Maryville and we plan to go. It is only about 20 miles from here. We do enjoy our meetings, they are a lot of help to me. I realize that I am on the sunset side of life, and I need all the help that I can get. Dad.

I think that I have said enough for today, if all is well and my life is spared I hope to come back in the morning with tea, coffee and a smile.

You be good today. ( I know that it is hard to do, but it is posible.) I am going to do my best today to behave myself. One of our hymns speaks of it as this " This cruel self." and I think that we know that.

BYE BYE DAD.

white6416r@aol.com

865-850-5763

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not too early for me, Dad, I'd LOVE some coffee or tea! It was HOT here in southern California today, 88 degrees where I live, almost too hot to go out. If you lived out here I bet you'd be growing tomatoes year round.

I am curious how you got started in growing tomatoes more than other vegetables. Do you just really like eating tomatoes? Tell me about it while we drink our coffee.

Dad said...

Hi Becky, If you are still there will you give me your email address. I have misplaced it, and I want to answer your questions.
DAD

Hollie said...

I saw on the news this morning how warm California was going to be today...you guys are so warm. It's about 16 here this morning...the wind is blowing so I know it's colder than that.

Thanks for having the coffee ready Dad. Maybe it will warm me right up. You & Mary stay warm today & have a good time at your meeting tonight!

Helen said...

Good morning Dad, 6 is forcast here for tonight also. I dread the colder weather. I hope all out pipes don't freeze. Have a quite day at home and you and Mary enjoy the meeting tonight. Helen

Kelly said...

Good morning Dad :) I have a smile on my face this morning. I am happy. The sun is shining, but yes, it is very very cold, and the wind feels like a knife cutting right through a body. I have already been out in it to let the chickens out and it is brutal feeling. They say this is going to be the coldest its been in six years. It is too cold for me too. I hope y'all have a nice meeting time with everyone. I love the tomato picture this morning. They look so good. When I went to the store yesterday I bought some of those on the vine tomatoes, even though they arent the same..and some cucumbers to slice with them as a snack. I do miss the summertime foods so. Y'all have a good day and stay warm. Love, Kelly

Ally Lifewithally said...

Hello Dad thankyou for my "Cuppa" ~ It is freezing here today so we have the woodburner going ~ I hope you and Mary enjoy your meeting tonight ~ and Look forward to hearing from you in the morning ~ Ally x

jmuhj said...

Good evening, Dad! I hope you all are staying warm and enjoying the evening. I just checked in on your WebCam and it looks like you are sitting in the living room. Is that Princess beauty I see on the sofa back? It looks like someone is stroking her, or that two people are talking. Not quite sure. :)

That is a good Thought For The Day and one well worth putting into practice EVERY day. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you enjoyed your meeting or if you haven't gone yet, that it is beneficial and that you have safe journeys. See you tomorrow, I trust! Best to you all, and big PURRS to the prettiest purrer in Knoxville ;)

Carlene Noggle said...

Hi Dad and mary,
Hope you had a good meeting tonight! It is cold here in Georgia Dad! We are not use to below freezing weather anymore! take care and God bless yall,
love,
carlene

Anonymous said...

І'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one nowadays.

Also visit my website: bucket trucks
Feel free to visit my web blog - bucket trucks

Anonymous said...

Vеrу shоrtlу this sіte will be famous among аll blog ѵisitoгs, due to it's fastidious posts

My website carrollton car Insurance company
Have a look at my website ... auto insurance

Anonymous said...

Very shortly this site will bе famous among all blog viѕіtors,
due to іt's fastidious posts

Feel free to surf to my web page ... carrollton car Insurance company
My webpage - car insurance