Saturday, January 24, 2009

SIXTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY...

Good Morning.
....

"Time is so precious-do not waste it."....
.
The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal .
....



....
I hope that the most of us are still in that bed, and I am pretty sure that you are since this is Saturday morning , at least here in the Tennessee Valley
....
The weather is very nice, here at 3 A.M. the temperature is 45, and we are expecting some sun today.
....
Be sure and check our side panel today. DAD...
....
Just a little about the picture up above of the egg carton. At one time in my life my brother Howard and I were in the poultry and egg business, we began this business in 1940 and were in it for several years until we sold out to a large feed company. We did enjoy the business, of course there were lots of problems but we always solved them. Howard and I had no problems in getting along with one another. ( He has since passed away. )
The name of our company was White Brothers Poultry & Egg Co. and the carton of eggs pictured were our most popular item. I think that we were among the first here in East Tennessee to package eggs in cartons, before that they were sold loose, the clerk would get you a dozen eggs and put them in a paper bag. Some of you may remember some of this., but you don't have to admit if you don't want too. DAD.
..
....
( You will enjoy this.).CLICK ON THE ABOVE LINK.
..
( Do turn your speakers on.).Fill up your cup with some good hot coffee, sit back and watch this, it will do you good...I want to give Joan Crane credit for the above. Thanks for this Joan, I hope that things are going good for you. I am glad to have you as my friend. DAD.
....
Live simply.Love generously.Care deeply.Speak kindly.
....
This above is my thought for the week end. DAD...
....
This is going to be all for right now, but I will be back this afternoon and have a little something for Sunday, You already know that I do not write a blog on Sunday morning.
..
I hope that your week is a nice one, Relax & Rest.
..
I'll be back on Monday is all is well.
..
BYE BYE DAD.
865-850-5763
..
.© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved.

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Here is a good morning SMILE for you today. Just stopping by to wish you a great day
'On Ya'-ma

madcobug said...

Good morning Dad, the egg story about you and Howard is very interesting. I hope you have a great weekend along with Mary and Princess. Helen

Brush Strokes said...

As a little girl, I have some very fond memories of visiting my favorite relatives in East Tennessee and being treated to a visit to where the eggs were processed and placed in cartons. Thanks for bringing those memories to mind today and putting a special smile on my face. Love, Karen

Lynne said...

I hope you have a wonderful day! Enjoyed the story about your business. Very cool.

Just Bill said...

Dad, I really enjoyed the Joy Story. It was what I needed today. I now feel very relaxed and comfortable.
Thanks to you and Joan for sharing it. Bill

Becky said...

I am very impressed with you, Dad. You have been successful at many interesting things in your life. I would have no idea how to start up a business. It's rare to meet a man who is so industrious and hard-working but also so devoted to his family and his faith.

Still want to hear how you learned to fly an airplane.

Have a good day of rest.