Saturday, January 31, 2009

ENTRY # SIXTEEN HUNDRED & FORTY SIX

Good Morning.
.....

( At 5 a.m. this Sunday morning Dad wishes that all of you will have a good quiet, and restful day. I will see you early Monday morning. ....

....
"Time is so precious-do not waste it."
's's
..
.The sun never sets on Dad's Tomato Garden Journal .
....
Clap-Clap. this is saturday morning and you can sleep late if you want to. I am up at 3; A. M, and feeling good.I am going to make some coffee and tea and I will be here all day, so you do not have to rush, just come on in and have a cup with me. But be real sure that you are smiling, I just can't stand to see a frown this early in the morning.
....
We have a nice warm 30 this saturday morning, and I think that we are going to have a little sun today. Yesterday was a nice day lot's of sun but a little cool.One month of our new year is gone, it has slipped away so fast, " Time is so precious- do not waste it,"
....
This below is another link that is too large for my blog. It is a little story about my flying days. Becky had ask me to write this a few weeks ago. It is not very interesting, but BECKY It is the best that I could do. If you want to go see the link is below, and don't say that I did not warn you. DAD

.http://dadstomatonews.blogspot.com
....

Grow your own gourmet herbsTo view this email in a browser Click Here Check on Burpee's tomato plants while you are here. DAD .
....

Information about Birds
....
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW. IT IS A WONDERFUL BIRDING
RESOURCE AND YOU CAN EVEN LISTEN TO BIRD SONGS ONLINE.

LEARN BIRD SONGS ( Click on this.)


STATE BIRDS

Alabama - Yellowhammer (Northern Flicker)
Alaska - Willow Ptarmigan+
Arizona - Cactus Wren
Arkansas - Northern Mockingbird
California - California Valley Quail
Colorado - Lark Bunting
Connecticut - American Robin
Delaware - Blue Hen Chicken
Florida - Northern Mockingbird
Georgia - Brown Thrasher
Hawaii - Nene
Idaho - Mountain Bluebird
Illinois - Cardinal
Indiana - Cardinal
Iowa - Eastern Goldfinch
Kansas - Western Meadowlark
Kentucky - Cardinal
Louisiana - Eastern Brown Pelican
Maine - Chickadee
Maryland - Baltimore Oriole
Massachusetts - Chickadee
Michigan - American Robin
Minnesota - Common Loon
Mississippi - Northern Mockingbird
Missouri - Bluebird
Montana - Western Meadowlark
Nebraska - Western Meadowlark
Nevada - Mountain Bluebird
New Hampshire - Purple Finch
New Jersey - Eastern Goldfinch
New Mexico - Greater Roadrunner
New York - Bluebird
North Carolina - Cardinal
North Dakota - Western Meadowlark
Ohio - Cardinal
Oklahoma - Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
Oregon - Western Meadowlark
Pennsylvania - Ruffed Grouse
Rhode Island - Rhode Island Red
South Carolina - Great Carolina Wren
South Dakota - Ring-necked Pheasant
Tennessee - Northern Mockingbird
Texas - Northern Mockingbird
Utah - American Gull
Vermont - Hermit Thrush
Virginia - Cardinal
Washington - Willow Goldfinch
West Virginia - Cardinal

We will be adding more pictures of the local birds as we are able to get good pictures. And also the same with the roses, we want to use all that we can out of Dad's rose garden, but we will be glad for you to send us the pictures that you have, we alwas need pictures from our friends. We need Roses and Birds, and don't forget if you live in another country we do want to hear from you. Dad.

....
Since Tomato season is getting close, or maybe you are already enjoying it in your time zone, I thought that you might enjoy this. Dad's Tomato Garden Photo Album it is an album that shows my tomato crop for last year, and we plan to have another album for the 2009 crop. If you do view this use the slide show. It will be a lot more interesting.
....
Record Relics
....
Snowflakes and Dear Ones

....
Tennessee Granddaddy

....
Tomato Casual ..( this is good, Reggie always has something interesting about Tomatoes, Dad.
,,,,
Weather

,,,,



It is way over time for me to still be here, I must go. And you already know that I won't be back untill monday morning, Try to smile and be good to everone that you are with, It will make your life a lot easier.

....

Before I go I wan't to remind you, if you missed it up above about my flying experience,.http://dadstomatonews.blogspot.com/ if you do miss it , it will not be much of a loss.

.....

Bye Bye DAD
white6416r@aol.com
865-850=5763.
....
© 2009 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal...All Rights Reserved.


9 comments:

Ally Lifewithally said...

Good Morning Dad ~I am glad you are feeling good this Saturday morning ~ I am just off out shopping so will pop back later to see what else you have for us ~ Ally xx

Donna said...

You are probably the only blogger who gets up earlier than I do.

I've ordered a packet of seeds for a new variety of tomato, one that is supposedly the most resistant to blight of any that's been developed. It's called "Legend".

Blight is my main problem when it comes to tomatoes.

Kelly said...

Good morning Dad :) I left you a comment over there too. Now I dont see how you can discount your experiences by saying we wouldnt be missing much. You are too modest! Everyone should go and read it. Its not to be missed! I am having some good coffee and the sun is shining here, I dont know about 30 degrees being warm, but at least the sun is shining and promising a warmer day ahead. :) Love, Kelly

Brush Strokes said...

I have enjoyed reading about your flying days. I heard some things about your flying from my mom and am glad you decided to write down what you remember. Love ya! Karen

jmuhj said...

Hi, Dad, Ms. Mary and Princess beauty! Looks cold and windy out your way today, but sunny, at least! So you thought you were important after you learned to fly, yes? Well, you were right! ;) My ex-husband is a pilot and we used to rent planes and fly around a lot. I was kind of scared, especially when he tried to impress me by doing aerobatics with me in the plane. :(

Have a wonderful day and weekend! Best to you all, and big PURRS to the Princess beauty! ^^

ItsMeVicki said...

Hey Dad!
Can you believe I finally made it to the blog? I am having an afternoon cup of coffee which made me think of you!
Take care of yourself.
With love,
Vicki in Birmingham

Becky said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Dad, for taking the time to share the flying story with us! I know I am demanding... smile... but I truly am so interested in your life, especially since you've done some very interesting things. I think your other readers enjoy learning more about you, too, and seeing the photographs!

I can understand why you let go of flying after having some close calls... my father-in-law also quit flying (with the navy) for the same reason, because he didn't want to take unnecessary risks when his family was still young. It was a sacrifice he was willing to make. Still, I bet you had a chance to make some really amazing memories mixed in with the ones you'd rather not remember!

Anything you want to share about your life is always very WELCOMED by your readers! I have to smile when you make it sound like "no big deal" to start a business... I think starting your own business is QUITE a big deal, and I have so much admiration for those with the initiative and bravery to do it, even those that just start out small! So many of us these days are afraid to fail or risk our money that we never even try. However, in these days of people getting laid off left and right, a person just can't always expect an employer to provide, so it's a very good time for any comments you could offer about starting up a business!

Love, Becky

Joyce said...

Good morning Dad,
It is not Saturday, but Sunday for my comment posting. Wow, 3 AM...that's early. Happy you are doing well. Hope your Sunday will be the best. We will have temps in the low 50's today!!! I am so excited. But woke up to 16 degrees this morning. Have a lovely day...you, Mary and Princess!!
Love,
Joyce

madcobug said...

Dad, I hope you will get up feeling much better tomorrow. Helen