Monday, August 30, 2010

MONDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & SIXTY-THREE

A Beautiful sunset as view from Dad's Tomato Garde
.
The Lighthouse Keeper Wonders.
.
The light I have tended for 40 years is now to be run by a set of gears.
The Keeper said, And it isn't nice to be put ashore by a mere device.
Now, fair or foul the wind that blow or smooth or rough the sea below,
It is all the same. The ships at night will run to an automatic light.
The clock and gear which truly turn are timed and set so the light shall burn.
But did ever an automatic thing set plants about in early Spring?
And did ever a bit of wire and gear a cry for help in darkness hear?
Or welcome callers and show them through the lighthouse rooms as I used to do?
'Tis not in malice these things I say All men must bow to the newer way.
But it's strange for a lighthouse man like me after forty years on shore to be.
And I wonder now - will the grass stay green? Will the brass stay bright and the windows clean?
And will ever that automatic thing plant marigolds in early Spring?

By Edgar Guest
.
Good Morning.
.
Edgar Guest is my favirite poet of all times, it does me good to read his poems. I had a few complaints this morning but I have fogotten what thy were now, must not been very bad..
.
There are two things that I Am always anixous to see on monday morning, one is Stabucks Coffee, and and Misty and Oreo are far ahead of the coffee. I just love to go to Sara's Dog Training blog and get a look at those smiles. DAD.
.
..
.These Cams are the only way to keep check on old Dad, and that is not very hard to do, he moves so slow. No these three outside Cams are to watch my WILDLIFE HABITAT, and I hope that you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed doing it for you. .
.
The tomato season may still be going on in your time zone, if so you will appreciate this. DAD
.
I have a litle more that I wanted to say this morning but it is monday morning and I am getting being with my work. I am o.k and in a Happy mood and wish the same for all of you. I Love you. DAD
.
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights reserved

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

A beautiful Monday morning it is. And to make it even better, you greeted us with a pot of Sumatra, a wonderful photo and another beautiful poem by Edgar Guest. I, of course, enjoyed them all.

Are you missing your home-grown tomatoes? It is getting more difficult to find a really good fresh tomato around here. I have enjoyed so many wonderful sandwiches, salads, and salsas thanks to you and a few local farmers. Just like the lighthouse keeper being replaced so too have field grown tomatoes and those others just don't taste the same. Same with fish, I bet at Douglas Lake you had some of the best tasting fish, fresh caught by your son Jim.

In a novel, I read about a plan to computerize a lighthouse and the keeper telling the town that was all very good except when the power goes out in a storm. And, when do you most need a lighthouse keeper, "in a storm". Somethings are best left unchanged.

Enjoy this beautiful day! ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince!:

What a wonderful poem -- thank you for sharing it, and it seems I'm going to be a big admirer of Edgar Guest as well. Sara's Mom wrote some wonderful thoughts there, which I agree with so much. Some technology -- like PCs and webcams and cell phones and such -- really does improve life and make it easier to do things, make friends all over the world, learn more, and stay in touch. But I'm with you all -- I love the traditions the most, and I don't see why we don't take the best of each and keep them.

Hope your weekend was wonderful and that your week will be, too! Love to you, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince from Jamaka and fams, also enjoying a gorgeous day

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem and an even more beautiful picture.... Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Michelle
s0ngbird1962@aol.com
Ipswich, MA