Friday, August 27, 2010

FRIDAYS ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND SIXTY ONE


Good Morning.

This is a view looking west from the tomato garden around 5 pm yesterday a beautiful sunset. Can you see the sun at the bottom of the pictyre ? Looking at that sunset deepens my deep confidence that there is a God up in his heaven looking down on us mortals and wanting to do us good..

.A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet. He held up a sign which said: "I am blind, please help." There were only a few coins in the hat. A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words. Soon the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy. That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?" The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said what you said but in a different way." I wrote: "Today is a beautiful day but I cannot see it." Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply said the boy was blind. The second sign told people that they were so lucky that they were not blind. Should we be surprised that the second sign was more effective? Moral of the Story: Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently and positively. When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile.Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear. Keep the faith and drop the fear. The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling… And even more beautiful, is knowing that you are the reason behind it!!! If you appreciate this message, please share. You may touch someone's heart today and forever

This above was sent to me by my friend Rilmich, please thank her for it, Dad

.

When life gives you a 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile.

"Life is so precious- Do not waste it".

.This early in the morning I like to talk and things about pleasan thing like Sara's Dog Training blog and Starbucks Sumatra x bold coffee, When I think of one I just natural, think of the other, what a wonderful way to start a day, Thanks to you Sara. DAD

Here is a link below to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code.
...
/usa/tennessee/knoxville/id/37920.

.Today..8/27/10
More sun than clouds. High 31C. Winds light and variable.
Sunny to partly cloudy. High 88F. Winds light and variable.

.MYEVERYDAYLIFE . . WHAT'S NEW AT MY HOUSE. .

The twotwo links above are two of my long time frends that I would like to recomend to you. look at them every day. DAD .

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2

Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #3

Mary and I are going up too A cabin that Jim has on Douglas lake the use of all this week. He has invited the whole clan to come and have fun, there are plenty of bed for every one. This is the lake where he fishes so much, Mary and I are going to have just one meal with them and we will be back home early.

Sending Love and the Best of wishes your way. Dad


BYE BYE DAD

Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights

6 comments:

Sara said...

What a beautiful story, with an important message.

Have fun at the cabin. Will you be eating fish that Jim caught? Regardless of what you eat, I'm sure many smiles will be around the table.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

I had tears in my eyes when reading that story. I will definitely be sending it to a few friends today. Please thank your friend Rilmich.

I worked for a few hours in the yard last night. Mostly on my knees picking crab apples up from my lawn. Every day I fill a 2-gallon bucket with fallen apples which are not eatable. Wish my tomato plants were as prolific.

I remember the photos of Douglas Lake that you posted last year. I think you even had a video with sound. It will be a wonderful vacation day for you and Mary. And you two definitely need a vacation after all the work you have been doing lately.

Enjoy the family gathered around the large table eating Jim's fish and making new memories. ...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Yep, I needed to hear this story, this morning! Thanks, Dad

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, DAD,
After checking Sara's bog today, I thought DAD should wear a bandana today at the cabin. I hope you and Mary have fun being out in the country, enjoying family, the lake, the fresh fish and all the love around the table. Joan's crab apple tree is lush. I witness Len sweep up the patio, only to come back an hour later to a red carpeted patio. What an amazing tree. I hope Prince behaves himself while you are gone. Aloha from NYC Sara's aunt

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince!:

Your friend's send is very moving and inspiring -- thanks to her and to you for sharing it! ;) Sounds like you're going to have a very nice weekend. Safe journeys, enjoy yourselves, and as Sara's aunt says, be good, little Prince! Hope there'll be a little fish surprise for you when your family returns, to make you SMILE and purr ;) Love to you all from Jamaka and fams

Missie said...

Have a great weekend.