Wednesday, August 25, 2010

WEDNESDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND & SIXTY


And these two picture above are Mushrome in and around my rose garden, did you every see anythng like thatm, the answer it the mulch that I used came from a company that produse muhhrooms.
..
As I was doing a little cleaning up yesterday here are some of ths surprises that I got, the tomato picture of the tomatoes is one of the six Brady Wine plants that Were there, what a surpise it was to find them hiding in there.
.
Now I am tired of all that mixed up expaining so I would like the rest if the day off, but I would stay if you would let me do two things that I do with out fail every morning is have a cup of Sumatra X bold Starbuck, but the most important is go see Sara at Sara's Dog Training blog and let me smile as I read it
Thanks Sara for a job well done, Dad
.
.
.
Ths two links above are two of my long time frends that I would like to recomend to you. look at them every day. DAD
.
...
These Cams are the only way to keep check on old Dad, and that is not very hard to do, he moves so slow. No these three outside Cams are to watch my WILDLIFE HABITAT, and I hope that you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed doing it for you.
.
I am going to spend more time personaly on Cam # 3 today because it is a big part of our WILDLIFE HABATAT, I have neglected it a little, and I do enjoy talking to you as we watch together, DAD.
.
This is geting a little long so I am giving you our weathe report and them I am gone'
.
Here is a link below to our local weather, you may get your own by just typing in your zip code.
...
.
Today..8/25/10
Partly cloudy. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. High 30C. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Partly cloudy. A stray afternoon thunderstorm is possible. High 86F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph
.
Now Dad can stand that kind of weather, And I am sening Love and Good Wishes to each of you, yes that means you also.
.
.
BYE BYE DAD
Copyrighted 2010 Dad's Tomato Garden Journal all rights

4 comments:

Sara said...

DAD,
I am feeling much better today, now that I know Misty is going to be ok. She is feeling much better this morning, so I am going to take her for a walk.

I am planning on going to school this morning to start setting up my classroom! Can't believe I'll be back to school in less than 2 weeks.

~Sara

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, DAD,
What a lovely surprise to find the nice Brandywine Tomatoes. The mushrooms are pretty, but be careful. They could hurt your digestive tract if eaten. At the farmers' mkt. yesterday, we bought green tomatoes. I prepared them using "Dad's recipe" and they were delicious. My daughter and her husband had a first ever treat. Yes, they loved them.
Happiness, care and big smiles today. Aloha Sara's aunt.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning DAD...

Those mushrooms are beautiful. They made me think of a lovely path leading to a small cottage...probably something I saw in a movie when I was a child. Sounds like we all had a tomato treat yesterday. I hope you made a nice sandwich with your Brandywines. I picked a pint of cherry tomatoes, enough to make a delicious sauce that I used on fresh pasta. And my sister had fried green tomatoes using your recipe. I hope to bring in the 4 small green tomatoes I found on my plants and fry them up tomorrow. That will be the end of my tomatoes for this season.

I learned a lesson about planting tomatoes. This year I had those beautiful Brandywine's next to a wood fence thinking I could tie the plants to the fence..bad idea. Between the squirrels and the chipmunks I got to eat 3 Brandywines and they got to eat all the others. Next year... the plants will be in the middle of my yard or against the house.

I'm glad you worked on CAM #3. For a day or two it was showing me the sky instead of the bird feeder. But this morning I am able to see those cardinals enjoying their breakfast.

The weather is getting better for you to spend more time in and about you gardens. Doesn't it feel good? Enjoy a beautiful day!

...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince!:

What a lovely tomato! The mushrooms are nice, too, but are they eatin' mushrooms? I don't think I'd try them...what do you think?

Finally you are enjoying some "cool" weather! It's well over 100F here today, for the ???th day. Huge thunderheads out to the north, and thunderstorms forecast for the desert where we lived. These can be spectacular and I wish we were there! but instead, we are here in the sweltering, dirty city. Iced coffee time! ;)

Love to you, Ms. Mary and special purrs to Prince! from Jamaka and fams