Friday, October 29, 2010

FRIDAY'S ENTRY # TWO THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED TWELVE

( Note at bottom)
Good Morning.
.
.It is Friday and Saturday again two days entry in one and I am glad, I feel the need of more relaxing and restoring this weekend. I won't see you again until Monday morning as I do not write a blog on Sunday, We will be in our Sunday morning meeting
.
I must go see Sara, Misty and Oreo early this morning, I won't get to see them again until Monday morning, her I go to Sara's Dog Training blog and see what Sara is showing me.
.
Now I am not sure what you are going to find down below this, it is things that came in
Friday and not placed maybe in their proper place and it has DAD a little confused, it doesn't take much to do that.
.
.I will need to explain the link below, it is Eric Shackle talking who was a good friend in my early days of writing. I am sure that you would remember me quoting him many times. You will notice that some of the links that he mentioned were lost when Google took over DAD
.....
http://bdb.co.za/shackle//articles/tomato_grower.htm


Sautéed Cherry Tomatoes - Serves 4
From JOAN PUTNICK
.
2 Tablespoon butter
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
¼ teaspoon salt
Dash pepper
2 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
2 Tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
1 ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic

Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a large skillet.

Add tomatoes and salt and pepper. Sauté until skins start to split open…about 3 minutes.

Stir in parsley, basil, green onions and garlic. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.

Reduce heat to low. Add 1 Tablespoon butter. Stir to coat well. Serve immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dad's Salsa

1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
2 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, minced
1tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Tortilla chips

In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, lemon juice and pepper; stir into the vegetable mixture. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 cups.
*Quick Cooking

.
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #1
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam #2
Dad's Outdoor Web Cam # 3
.
So many good things happened to me this past week, I am happy, I will try and tell you some of it later,

.
I may be able to add a little more current news during the day,.

Any way I plan on comimg back Monday morning

I Am sending love and the best of wishes to you my good steady every day friends.
.
I am going to give you a better journal on Monday.
....
It is now 11:11 AM in East Tennessee, and I am enjoying watching the birds, there are so many here today, the main thing that I am enjoying is how perfect this computer is working, I have the lighting where I want it, I am learning to do for myself, I just don't need any help. DAD .
.
It is now 2 PM and I am sitting here eating a delisous cookie and watching Cam # 2. My friend surprised me with the cookies. The birds are busy at Cam # 2 DAD
..

BYE BYE DAD

5 comments:

Becky said...

I think you lost a day, Dad... today is only Friday. That happens to me all the time since I work at home-- I forget what day it is. Happy Friday to you!

Sara said...

Dad,
I'm glad you and Mary enjoyed the special treat! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Your salsa recipe looks like a good one!

~Sara

Joan said...

Good Morning DAD...

After all the hard work you have been doing, I am glad you are relaxing. Writing a 2 day blog should help free up some time for relaxation. Just think you were the oldest Ameican blogger back when you were 93 and you must still earn that recognition. Eric Shackle wrote that wonderful article on you and captured you perfectly...sitting at your desk in front of your computer.

I'll be doing some relaxing myself today. I have a book due at the library tomorrow and I need to finish it. So I will take the time to sit with a cup of coffee and a molasses cookie and read. Hope you get to do something similar. Enjoy the day and the weekend.

...Sara's Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear DAD,
I just had a look at CAM 2. The birds must have had their fill but they are sure to return soon. I bet your fingers smell good as you enjoy your cookies. Have a wonderful weekend and continue to seek happiness. Aloha....Sara's aunt

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary and Prince Charming:

Those are scrumptious-sounding recipes, Dad! And it sounds like you've had a very good week, with cookies, too -- wish I was there to share and have some coffee with you three! ;)

So glad to hear that your bird feeders are being visited by many happy feathered friends and that your computer is working great. With those good things and a sweet cat by your side, what more could one want from life? ;) Love to you all, and big purrs to the Prince from Jamaka and fams <3