Saturday, August 20, 2011

DADS SATURDAYS ENTRY THREE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED SIXTY ONE

Good Morning to you on this Saturday morning, a favorite morning for all of us. We think of a little rest and relaxing  for the next two days. I am not so sure about us. We have been invited by Jim to a  cabin that he has on Douglas lake for lunch.

My niece and here husband are going to let us ride with them, which we do appreciate. We will return in the early afternoon to get everything ready for our Sunday morning meeting.

BYE BYE TOMATOES, yes the season is over, when you view Camera  # 2 today you will see a mostly vacant spot, but just give me a few more working days the first of the week and I hope to be able to show you a Wildlife Habitat that the birds and every other wild creature that comes our way will SMILE.

friends who understand me better than myself,

who support me through good days and bad days.

They are like colorful anti-depressants that I take on different days.

Real Age doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.

Dr. Oz calls them Vitamins F (from Friends) and counts the benefits of friends to our well being.

If you take Vitamin F constantly you can be up to 30 years young a "different" part of me...

With one of them I am a polite,

I joke with another friend.

I sit down and talk about serious matters with one of them.

With another I giggle at every silly thing.

I have my coffee with one

And dance with another.

I listen to one friend's problems and give them advice

Then I listen to another advising me.

They are all like pieces of a jigsaw,

When completed they form a treasure box.

A treasure of friends!

They are my friends who understand me better than myself,

who support me through good days and bad days.

They are like colorful anti-depressants that I take on different days.

Real Age doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.

Dr. Oz calls them Vitamins F (from Friends) and counts the benefits of friends to our well being.

If you take Vitamin F constantly you can be up to 30 years younger than your real age.

 

Today

Isolated thunderstorms. Hot and humid. High 33C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

A mix of clouds and sun with the chance of an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. Hot and humid. High 93F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

This above is the weather around my house I hope that yours is as good. Dad

Saturday, August 20, 2011

 

Friday, August 19, 2011

DADS FRIDAYS ENTRY THREE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED SIXTY

Good Morning

Note: I have done all that I can do so that you may make a comment, if it does not work it must be AOL's responsibility to check into this problem, other writers seem to be having the same problem. What I am getting here is that when I get to the end of this journal and ask to make a comment it only sends me to the next entry, and at the end of that  entry it will let you comment. Strange , come on someone and help me. DAD

I am sure that you have noticed that the tomato plants on Camera # 2 are gone, yes the tomato season is over, but it will be back soon, until then this spot will be an improved Wildlife Hibatat for the fall and winter months

It will take us a few days to get it set up and working properly. Watch for it. DAD

The weather is always interesting to us, this below is for the day at Dad's Tomato Garden

Today

Showers and thunderstorms late. Hot and humid. High 33C. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.

Partly cloudy in the morning followed by scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hot and humid. High 92F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.

I am going to be real careful right here this morning . Yesterday  I must have done something wrong, I kept getting reports that you could not make a comment on my journal, so if it takes me all dad to write, so what if it is better. I am sure that I will be hearing from you soon, DAD

" When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die the world cries and you rejoice "

An old saying.

 

  • Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-1
  • Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-2
  • Dad's Outdoor Web Cam-3

    I am proud of the three Outdoor Cameras above, they are a large part of my journal , they  require some effort in keeping then in working order, at the present # 2 camera   is lighted for night viewing, more coming later. as a bonus you might see old Dad out there some day taking care of his Wildlife Habitat of which he is so proud.

  • I do want to call your attention to the pictures of the books above written by Vic Weal's. Click on the pictures, that will tell you all you need to know . We do have a wholesale price on the books if you can use a full case of 20 books, Call for prices. Write either Helen or Dad vweals4403@comcast

    I would also like to mention again that I do sell advertising space on this world wide journal at a reasonable price, contact Dad at white6416r@aol.com

    I must stop it is to

  • 4 comments:

    I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

    Smiling and laughing is always good medicine so I will take my vitamin F today for sure. Hope you enjoy your visit.

    Sara said...

    Enjoy your lakeside lunch today!

    I'm going to be packing and cleaning most of the day. We finally have all the paperwork needed to close on our new house. Fingers crossed we will be moving sometime next week. Tomorrow, a realtor comes to take photos of our current house to show to potential renters.

    Busy times, but exciting!

    Sara said...

    If people are still having trouble leaving comments, you might want to try switching your comment form.

    Go to design (or layout), click on "settings", then "comment". Go down to "comment form placement", choose either popup window or full page. That should help.

    Anonymous said...

    Good Morning DAD...

    Looks like you still have some problems with double entries getting posted on your blog. I wish I could help but I don't know anything about blogging issues.

    It also looks like you will have a lovely afternoon. I think I may smell fish cooking later today...did I mean "fish stories" or "fish fries"??? So nice that Karen and Pat will get to join the family event. A very nice welcome for them.

    My tomato plants are almost bare. I picked the last 2 red ones and only 1 green one remains. Soon I will be pulling up the stalks and turning the soil. It was a good tomato year for me...not so good for the cukes and squash.

    Have a real pleasant day filled with lots of conversation and hardly laughs. ...Sara's Mom