Friday, January 20, 2012

DAD’S FRIDAY ENTRY TWO THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED TWELVE


“ Many years of life are waste, living for thyself alone- Life is so short, why not live if for others “ Dad
Good Morning,
I like to find about about all my friends, all around this wide world the first thing each morning. I like to know what kind of a mood that you are in, so I will know how to talk and and not get myself in hot water. I am in a very Happy mood myself, things went well with with us at the Wound Center and then we had a very pleasant visit with Sherry and part of the crew there, The Oxygen is still going strong.
From the looks of me in the picture below that Mary captured of me this morning, it sure looks like I am in bad need of some of that Sumatra x bold Starbucks coffee. I will get it going in a jiffy.
Photo1MA32537081-0001
Some colorful birds in our back yard, these birds are spending the winter with us,enjoying our Wildlife Habitat, looking at them it makes me want to better of it, and  keep plent of water and food for them,
Two reds and a jay-1
A few good thoughts below from Readers Digest, in the book “ Laughter the Best Medicine.
“ I’m always relieved  when someone
delivers an eulogy and I realize that I’m listing to it “
“ Learn to enjoy your own company, you are the one person you can count on living with for the rest of your life “
“ It’s all right letting  yourself  go, as long as you can let yourself back in.”
“ My mother used always say “ The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana “
“ Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been “
“ Here is the secrete to a happy marriage. Do what tour wife tells you.”
I think that this is enough of that above, if it does make you smile. I need to check on my book and see how near we are to seeing it come off the press, I am getting anxious to see it.

    I must stop right here and now, I hope that I have not bored you to much, My purpose is to make you smile and enjoy life to the fullest. Have I failed  to do that ? Sorry if I have.
    Please remember the side panel over to your right. I plan to be back in the morning, please do not lock me out
    “ Live for Others “
    BYE      BYE      DAD

     

    6 comments:

    Sara said...

    Oh, what pretty birds! EVerything here is covered in a thin blanket of white this morning. I'd like to see some colorful birds against the white backdrop!

    More snow is expected tomorrow,but not much. Nuisance snow as the weather people say.

    Off to work this morning,happy that its friday!

    I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

    Here in Ohio it is about 17 degrees this morning and we have more snow on the way later today. I'm happy and smiling though. It is warm inside and won't be venturing out at all today. Take good care and have a fantastic Friday!

    Joan said...

    Good Morning DAD...

    You did not fail. I am smiling at the photo of you in need of a cup of sumatra and the very funny but true quotes. And, I am in awe of the photo of the colorful birds. I have never seen them that clearly on any of your CAMS. I can imagine Prince sitting on your desk watching them and smiling. You can go to your Learn Bird Songs link and have the cardinals chirp for him.

    An absolutely beautiful morning here in Dunedin. The Farmer's Market will be crowded today. My first stop will be at Joe's Vegetable Stand for some of his Ruskin Tomatoes. I will be making a Tomato and Zucchini Salad for company and I need a few big firm red ones. I'll also stop at Caroline's Sweets stand for her delicious Morning Glory Muffins. It is a good thing she isn't here everyday to tempt me with her treats. And my last stop will be to tell the nice lady at Don't Forget Us how much her treats are being enjoyed in NY and TN by dogs and cats.

    After a busy day yesterday, today you can take some time to sit in your chair and doze off with memories of your friends at the Wound Center and dear sweet Sherry. But, don't forget to feed the birds so we can continue to enjoy their visits to your habitat.

    ...Sara's Mom

    Cher' Shots said...

    Love the birds, love the little ditties from Readers Digest! Stay warm.
    'hugs from afar'

    jmuhj said...

    Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince:

    Sara's Mom is right (as always!);) Those are such beautiful, colorful visitors and I would think Prince would be spellbound watching them! My mom's state bird is the Cardinal (Redbird) and, though I have never seen one, I grew up hearing about them. The bluejays and bluebirds, though, we do have here in southern CA; the jays are very aggressive but beautiful, too! We love watching them from safe inside. ;)

    Wishing you all a wonderful and relaxing weekend, safe journeys, and sending love and PURRS from Jamaka and fams <3

    Carlene Noggle said...

    Hi Dad! It has been a long time since I have rad your journal. My computer broke down! It is so good to read your words again and see your kind face!!!
    love you dad,
    carlene