Friday, January 27, 2012

DADS FRIDAYS ENTRY TWO THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED EIGHTEEN

“ If you can’t be a tree on the t0p of the hill then just be a small bush down below, and Dad would like to give you some sound advice. “Don’t be what you ain’t, just be what you is “ maybe not proper language but good advice anyway. DAD.

Good Morning.

I forgot to tell you that when Mary fell on Wednesday night, it was on the concrete floor in the basement so that made it worse. She is still dazed and hurts really bad. I promised to keep all of you updated on Mary's progress. It is going to take a lot of rest, her shoulder injury that was the worst is still very sore and painful, she is so sore that it is a real problem to dress. Very limited movement with her arm.We did get a pleasant surprise when we visited her dentist, he was able to do an extra good job on her teeth.

Coffee cup animation

I am your friend, I try to always remember our coffee, and you don’t have to worry it is always the same Starbucks Sumatra x bold. Every morning as I write this I am wishing so much that it could be really true and not make believe , but its fun any way, and it could be true if you ever come close  Dads house, I have invited several of our friends to do that, Mary and I could meet you at a Starbucks store or you could come right here to Dads kitchen, that way you could meet Prince, that would make him happy.

“ Traffic sign in mobile park says  Slow Grand Parents at play “

“ Just about the time that you think a woman’s work is done she becomes a grandmother “

“ Some of our modern grandmothers are so young that they help the Boy Scouts across the streets “

“ Grandparents are people who come to your home spoil the children and then go home “

“ Nothing is harder  on a grandparent than  watching  a grandchild be disciplined “

I love all of these quotes above, I have experienced some of them. They are from Over The Hill & On A Roll.

Thanks so much my friends, I have had a ball here this morning, now if you will push me off to get this T Model  started I will get on my way, I have been looking at a Model A, when my ship comes in I might get serious.

We do want to “ Live for others this and every other day”

Here is a quotation that I noticed in a book yesterday that I like and I am going to use it myself more, it says “ A winning Smile “ Don’t you like that.

With Gods tender mercy upon me I plan on being in this place again soon.

BYE      BYE      DAD

5 comments:

betty said...

Good Morning, DAD,
You have stepped out of your office. Perhaps, you are getting the coffee ready.
Thank you for letting us know how Mary is feeling. We hope her shoulder heals quickly. It is hard to be patient with pain. You have a good dentist. Positive news is cause to smile. I like your advice for today not to be what you aren't. Love to you, Mary, and Prince. Aloha from HI....Sara's aunt

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank you for the good advice this morning. Hope Mary is better soon.

Sara said...

I'm glad that Mary was able to get to the dentist yesterday. Hopefully with a few days of rest her pain will subside.

Have a lazy weekend you two!

Joan said...

Good morning DAD...

We are in the Honda Civic on our way south to Anna Maria FL where we will stay for all if February. It is so beautiful there, especially if the sun shines and the rains come only at night.

Thanks for the morning cup of coffee. I didn't get to make any this morning before checking out. So I am enjoying a cup now. Thanks for the update on Mary. I hope she gets to her doctor soon .. I think she may need some physical therapy for the shoulder. If she doesn't move it now, it could become frozen and that would be really bad.

I love the way you can still offer us good us .... Be ourself and be happy with who we are. You also make us smile we your funny grandparents quotes. Smiles and laughter help us through the stress and you are doing just that.

Enjoy you TGIF day. ...Sara's Mom

jmuhj said...

Dear Dad, Ms. Mary, and sweet Prince:

Very glad Ms. Mary's dentist was able to help put things right for her after that horrible accident. I had a feeling it was a concrete floor. Get plenty of C.A.T. (Cat-Assisted Therapy), Ms. Mary; your shoulder should feel better in a short time if you get a lot of time in with Prince purring and warming you!

Wishing you both a relaxing and rejuvenating weekend, safe journeys, and lots of love and PURRS from Jamaka and fams <3